• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

For Walter Becker who died yesterday at 67. One half of the greatest thinking person's duo in rock.

R-1865258-1359331961-2109.jpeg.jpg

Rolling through some In Flames. I'll never forget seeing the singer and lead guitarist at one of my favorite bars down the street. I bought them a round but was too star struck to introduce myself. I regret that.

For Walter Becker who died yesterday at 67. One half of the greatest thinking person's duo in rock.

R-1865258-1359331961-2109.jpeg.jpg
My close encounter with Walter Becker...Around 1975, my best pal and I were driving his delivery truck (he driving, me riding shotgun w/eyes closed) on W.23rd St. in NYC, , stopped for a light mid block when I hear him shout out "Donald!, No! Walter!". I open my eyes to see Walter Becker w/ female companion crossing in front of us and Walter's gesturing with his hands and face, egging my pal on to get the name right. My pal blurts out "Fagan!". I suggest "Becker", my pal yells it out and Walter smiles and gives the thumbs-up and he and his friend finish crossing the street and enter a Blimpies. My friend was so excited, he parked the truck and we ran back to the Blimpies where we briefly chatted with WB while he was waiting on line about how we loved their music and had the songbooks and played some of their tunes.

Reactions: AVB
I've been on a Motörhead tear, AGAIN. It started when I read an article listing their version of the Top 25 Live albums...started at 25 (Deep Purple 'Made in Japan') and I got stuck at 'No Sleep 'till Hammersmith'.

RIP Lemmy...

I've been on a Motörhead tear, AGAIN. It started when I read an article listing their version of the Top 25 Live albums...started at 25 (Deep Purple 'Made in Japan') and I got stuck at 'No Sleep 'till Hammersmith'.

RIP Lemmy...

Points for using the umlaut!

t341131041-b1222104748_s400.jpg

Just like in the olden days; I bought this without listening to it first. Give me a break, even an old fella needs some excitement. I hope it's good.

Doc

51ZfKcc7A4L.jpg

I've always felt Rickie Lee Jones was a soaringly soulful voice in search of a niche. This one seems to be where she found it---it was produced by Walter Becker of Steely Dan, something she mentioned in her tribute to him when he passed recently.

So I bought it. And I'm digging it. :cool:

~Boar

I like it! If you like Stax Horns and the Jersey sound, you'll like it too.
He also sings better than certain other famous, old guitarists, with famous front men who occasionally go solo.

Doc

Last edited: