• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

Yes Years.jpg

I've been feeling nostalgic to my high school years when this box set came out. Been playing it over and over now that I finally added the CD's to my Itunes account.

For those who don't recognize it, YesYears

Siouxsie Sioux was THE Punk Goddess and if you stayed along for the ride she became a (albeit incorrectly) Goth Princess even though the music expanded well beyond that genre. One of the first women in rock to lead a band on her own without a gimmick (think Runaways) she paved the way for the likes of Chrissie Hynde, Kate Bush and Joan Jett's revival. The music holds up, just give a listen.

610eFgaD9BL.jpg
I 100% agree that she never got the credit that she deserved. Sure, she has fans - you are obviously one - but she is worthy of greater study as to what she has seen, done, and created. Great stuff.

Reactions: AVB
Never far from her Georgia roots Ma Rainey most certainly influenced Robert Johnson, Bessie Smith and Ida Cox who were all a decade or more younger.
ma_rainey-e1525786861915.jpg

Way back in 1966 Donovan put out his classic Sunshine Superman album and this 2011 special edition collected all the tracks issued on the UK and US versions. There was also a limited run of 100 sets that had a third disc of some B sides and alternate takes (so I've been told). Among the musicians you hear besides Donovan are 2 session guys that would later form their own band.........Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.

R-3491293-1446212290-1728.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
I don't always listen to The Sisters Of Mercy....

But when I do

So do my neighbors

A-83146-1241169020.jpeg.jpg

Back in 1989 SRV and Jeff Beck did a 29 city tour together called "The Fire Meets The Fury", I'll leave it up to you to decide who was which. Out of this tour came a 16 track "official" record, an 11 track "official bootleg" of radio broadcasts and promo CD with 2 different covers. All are collectable with some being more so than others.

SRV: "I watched his whole set almost every night. He always amazes me. And he intimidates me, too.”
“Intimidates you in a good way, right?” says Vaughan’s girlfriend, Janna Lapidus.
“Wellll …” Vaughan says slowly. “Sometimes.”

Here are the two Promos:
Fire Meets The Fury -SE.jpgFire Meets The Fury -SE2.jpg

Last edited:
I <3 Radio, Strickly Blues. Nothing like the blues when you have grading to do on a snow day!!!! All you teachers will understand!

Funk was always so much better than disco could ever be.

STRUT184-front-cover.jpg

Really didn't like this the first time around but like all my albums I decided to give it a second listen and this time I made sure that I wasn't multi-tasking but listening more.

Much better. Not my favorite Dylan by any stretch but much better than it was before.

6152O0oSrmL._SY355_.jpg

Back in 1989 SRV and Jeff Beck did a 29 city tour together called "The Fire Meets The Fury", I'll leave it up to you to decide who was which. Out of this tour came a 16 track "official" record, an 11 track "official bootleg" of radio broadcasts and promo CD with 2 different covers. All are collectable with some being more so than others.

SRV: "I watched his whole set almost every night. He always amazes me. And he intimidates me, too.”
“Intimidates you in a good way, right?” says Vaughan’s girlfriend, Janna Lapidus.
“Wellll …” Vaughan says slowly. “Sometimes.”

Here are the two Promos:
View attachment 25010View attachment 25011
While watching Beck from off stage, Clapton was heard to say, speaking of himself, Paige and Beck, "He's the best of the three of us."

Doc

While watching Beck from off stage, Clapton was heard to say, speaking of himself, Paige and Beck, "He's the best of the three of us."

Doc

I think that technically he might be the best ever in rock. If he could play with the same passion as other top tier guitarists I'll leave up to you.

My cousin's first apartment was about 1/2 mile from Y&T and it was my first stop every time I went to visit them until they moved in '82. Picked up some classic stuff you'd otherwise never see in the states.

Skip Groff passes at 70.