• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

They increase the price based on timing...once level 1 sells out the price bumps up to level 2 and so on...

They increase the price based on timing...once level 1 sells out the price bumps up to level 2 and so on...
New way to do it for me. General admission always meant get there early and run for the spot you want once they let you in. :)

New way to do it for me. General admission always meant get there early and run for the spot you want once they let you in. :)

It still is, although more of a casual pace....you just pay more or less depending on when you buy the ticket....you can also buy ridiculous VIP experiences as well.

The Friday line up looks pretty good. Saw the Foos last summer.

DSCN2405.JPG

1967 thru 1969 were good years.

Doc

Reactions: AVB
The Friday line up looks pretty good. Saw the Foos last summer.
I'd go Saturday, but that's just because I'd watch Grace Potter sing the alphabet, or not sing at all. I'd just watch her stand there.

Me And That Man

Discovered this band by accident, really. It's a side project of Nergal from Behemoth (Scandinavian black metal) -- a band I'm NOT a fan of. This surprised me. Think: early Ghost meets Johnny Cash meets Nick Cave meets ZZ Top. The album is called "Songs of Love and Death", and the sonics sound like a demo recorded as a full band in a room. Not highly polished, but I'm liking it. Not for the pious.

Vermont girl, don't ya know. Used to go see her for the price of a beer. Ah, the good old days.
I'd go Saturday, but that's just because I'd watch Grace Potter sing the alphabet, or not sing at all. I'd just watch her stand there.

Doc

Doc's post got me thinking. What was the best show I've seen "for the price of a beer"? I'm gonna have to say "The Soft White Underbelly" Now I know that most if not all who read that are going: Who the fuck is that? The Soft White Underbelly was the original name (67-70) of a major 70's act. Occasionally they would use it when they wanted to pay a small gig or Club to stay in touch with their audience. In this case the Club was the Station in Wilkes-Barre PA sometime in late summer1977. I was visiting my Aunt & Uncle and my cousins. My cousins were home from college and I wanted to take them out so looking in the paper I saw the ad and it took some convincing to talk them into going to see a group they had never heard of.

Off we go the 10 miles or so to the club, pay the $2 cover charge, find a table and grab some beers. After about 30 minutes the club was starting to fill up (which was about 300 people) the lights went down and the Announcer did his thing: Please welcome The Soft White Underbelly - Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser on Lead Guitar, Eric Bloom on vocals and by then the crowd pretty much drowned out the announcer. For those that haven't figured it out. "The Soft White Underbelly" was the original name for Blue Öyster Cult.

Last edited:
I knew, but I only found out a couple of days ago.

Doc
Doc's post got me thinking. What was the best show I've seen "for the price of a beer"? I'm gonna have to say "The Soft White Underbelly" Now I know that most if not all who read that are going: Who the fuck is that? The Soft White Underbelly was the original name (67-70) of a major 70's act. Occasionally they would use it when they wanted to pay a small gig or Club to stay in touch with their audience. In this case the Club was the Station in Wilkes-Barre PA sometime in late summer1977. I was visiting my Aunt & Uncle and my cousins. My cousins were home from college and I wanted to take them out so looking in the paper I saw the ad and it took some convincing to talk them into going to see a group they had never heard of.

Off we go the 10 miles or so to the club, pay the $2 cover charge, find a table and grab some beers. After about 30 minutes the club was starting to fill up (which was about 300 people) the lights went down and the Announcer did his thing: Please welcome The Soft White Underbelly - Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser on Lead Guitar, Eric Bloom on vocals and by then the crowd pretty much drowned out the announcer. For those that haven't figured it out. The Soft White Underbelly" was the original name for Blue Öyster Cult.

Speaking of bands that might have a few people sit in that you might know, but it'll probably cost you more than a beer.
R-8421355-1461274950-9490.jpeg.jpg

This is a long shot but if anyone listens to electronic I have a Spotify playlist. User is Acclaym and playlist is The Beat.

Not often you get me Doc but here is one for you. Just ordered it.

91pQ4Q4i-qL._SX522_.jpg