• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

This is a long shot but if anyone listens to electronic I have a Spotify playlist. User is Acclaym and playlist is The Beat.

What are some of your faves?
I don't do Spotify, but definitely get into some electronic moods.

I was waiting to see if Doc brought this up seeing that he is our in-house skins player but perhaps he still isn't 100% so I'll cover it.
First, Hal Blaine died last week at age 90. Like many top tier session musicians he was far better known by those in the know than by the people who bought the records he played on. A professional drummer for 70 years Hal played on more songs than any drummer in recording history - 35,000+ at last count. He was the drummer on 6,000 singles, 150 top 10 singles and 40 #1 singles. He also was the drummer for 6 Grammy Record of the Year albums.........in a row from 1966 to 1971. Also he was one of the first 5 sidemen to be inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame. Always in demand Hal played for acts as diverse as Frank Sinatra to Phil Spector's Wall Of Sound to Steely Dan and beyond. He truely made the beat go on.

Secondly, we lost Dick Dale last week too. Although associated with the "California Surf Sound" Dick was originally from the Boston area and didn't move to California until he was 17. Being left handed he played a right handed guitar strung in the normal fashion and when he finally got a left handed guitar he kept that same stringing effectively playing it upside down. A friend of Leo Fender who built the first 100 watt stack for him he would torture test Leo's new equipment. "When it can withstand the barrage of punishment from Dick Dale, then it is fit for the human consumption." Leo once said.

Off to see Y&T in concert tonight

Off to see Y&T in concert tonight
Jeez, I didn't know they were still around. Of course, they would probably say the same thing about me.

Blaine was certainly someone to emulate. He's one of those people everyone has heard, but few have heard of.
I was waiting to see if Doc brought this up seeing that he is our in-house skins player but perhaps he still isn't 100% so I'll cover it.
First, Hal Blaine died last week at age 90. Like many top tier session musicians he was far better known by those in the know than by the people who bought the records he played on. A professional drummer for 70 years Hal played on more songs than any drummer in recording history - 35,000+ at last count. He was the drummer on 6,000 singles, 150 top 10 singles and 40 #1 singles. He also was the drummer for 6 Grammy Record of the Year albums.........in a row from 1966 to 1971. Also he was one of the first 5 sidemen to be inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame. Always in demand Hal played for acts as diverse as Frank Sinatra to Phil Spector's Wall Of Sound to Steely Dan and beyond. He truely made the beat go on.

Secondly, we lost Dick Dale last week too. Although associated with the "California Surf Sound" Dick was originally from the Boston area and didn't move to California until he was 17. Being left handed he played a right handed guitar strung in the normal fashion and when he finally got a left handed guitar he kept that same stringing effectively playing it upside down. A friend of Leo Fender who built the first 100 watt stack for him he would torture test Leo's new equipment. "When it can withstand the barrage of punishment from Dick Dale, then it is fit for the human consumption." Leo once said.

Doc

Raw Dawgs fully instrumental album.

MI0003626849.jpg

It's brilliant. Searingly, painfully honest & authentic. Ordered the CD; listening to the digital copy on my iTunes.

418460250399-500.jpg

~Boar

GRACE POTTER AND THE NOCTURNALS VH1 Storytellers - bootleg that was sent to me. No artwork - sorry.
Found some.
folder.jpg

Last edited:
Listening now to Chillhop music from youtube for the first time. Damn, it's good. Laid back so I can have it on as I work but very uplifting and hip-hopish at the same time.

4)+MUDDY+WATERS+-+Folk+Singer+-+1964.jpg

This ain't folk music, folks. There, is of course, a story a story about how this album was named. You can look it up, if you're interested.

Doc

Odessey_and_Oracle.jpg

Seems appropriate since they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame yesterday. Certainly more deserving than some others in that class. IMO of course.

Doc

Thanks to mjolnir01 I've filled in most of my Punk-O Rama set only missing a copy of Vol. 2.1 Here are 9 of the 11.

Punk-O-Rama-sm.jpg