• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What one concert would you want to see?

Kryo

Pyro first, smoke second
Taking of the music theme, what one concert would you go see if you had a wish?

Personal Choice: Alpine Valley WI, August 27, 1990. Stevie Ray Vaughan's last performance.

I'd like to see Devo in concert. I don't know why, but I imagine that they'd be a lot of fun.

Would haved liked to see a GUNS-n-ROSES concert back in the days when they were with Slash.

Garth Brooks and Special Guest Don McLean - Live from Central Park

Must go with top 5 list:

1. Pink Floyd
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Aerosmith (AGAIN!!)
4. Scorpions (in Eastern Europe)
5. Woodstock

-Pink Floyd (because I hear that they put on great shows)
-Dave Matthews
-I'm a big fan of country music so I would always be up for a good country concert :D

Jimi at Monterey Pop

Must agree, the whole Monterey Pop festival that year would have been the ultimate. Perhaps the Doors at some small San Franciso venue.

Pink Floyd puts on a wonderful show. I missed the 1996 tour. If they ever do another, I will go see it. :thumbs:

I saw almost everybody that counted in my generation but I missed Woodstock and the first Isle of Wight. Of course, there are the 900 Dead shows that I didn't get to go to but the 55 I made will have to do.

One of the best "shows" was the Airplane in the studio circa 1968. My old man worked for RCA at the time and managed to pull some strings. :D

Without a doubt, the 1975 Pete Fountain and Al Hit concert in New Orleans. They got together to celebrate Super Bowl XV in NoLa and called it Super Jazz I.

Cheers,
Dixie

Two of the best I have ever seen were both in very small venues and would love to see again.

George Thorogood - Saw in a ballroom at the University of KY

and here is a show that will date me...

Stray Cats -Saw them at Bogarts, an old theater in Cincinnati.

Fulfilled my one other on wish list this past summer. KISS, Aerosmith and Nugent at Comerica Park in Detroit.

Kryo said:
Taking of the music theme, what one concert would you go see if you had a wish?

Personal Choice: Alpine Valley WI, August 27, 1990. Stevie Ray Vaughan's last performance.
Thats one I would have liked too, man SRV was close to Hendrix as there was.

Also, back in 73 or 74, I had tickets to see Mott The Hoople, Queen (they were 2nd billing) and Babe Ruth (Wells Fargo), but Mark May broke his hand I think, and the concert was cancelled. A month later did see Mott with Kansas. But would have loved to see Queen and Babe Ruth.

And Woodstock.. I was only 16 and I heard about this big "deal" in New York, but I wasnt rebel enough to just pack up and go... Hendrix, 10 Years After, The Who, CSN, Country Joe "and its 1, 2, 3, what are we fighin for, dont ask me I dont give a dam, next stop is Viet Nam.."

I was at all 3 days of the '80 US Festival. But was only 9. Dad's biker buddy worked for Coca Cola and got us all event passes.

I would have liked to have seen Led Zepplin.

And U2.............I was at the filming of the Streets w/ No name video in LA. What a zoo that was.

Saw GnR.......very bland (must have been the 8 Beer Bongs in the parking lot)

Also would like to have seen Janis Joplin, The Doors, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and of course Jimi.

M. Gipson

Maggs44: Babe Ruth....I don't think I ever ran into anyone else who like them. I've got all 4 albums First Base, Babe Ruth, Stealin' Home & Kids Stuff. :D

Gawntrail: Maybe I ran into you there, I made both US Festivals and still have my T-shirts. :0

As far as odd combos, I saw SRV open for Men At Work In Seattle. The sound was horrible.

Snowdust said:
and here is a show that will date me...

Stray Cats -Saw them at Bogarts, an old theater in Cincinnati.
Snowdust,
Where was Bogarts? I remember hearing the name but I can't remember where the place was. Had been to Annie's a few times.

Saw some really bad open mic nights at Suds & Duds. :sign:

Would have loved to see SRV in concert.

One of my favorite that I did make it to was Jethro Tull.