• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Other Rare Cigars can you suggest?

kc5hwb

Reaction score
Its a simple coincidence that the rare cigars I am more interested in are all Fuente Cigars, but that might be because I don't know about any others. I love Fuente's Cigars, I have a King B and a OpusX in my humidor right now, and I am waiting for the Anejos to drop in a couple of weeks. I read something about God of Fire online, but I have never seen these... are the discontinued?

I didn't want to hijack the Anejos thread in this section and I don't really wanna talk about Anejos here, I wanted to ask about some other suggestions from the members here about what I should be looking for. Since the holidays are approaching, I thought maybe there would be some rare or once-a-year releases coming up and wondering what they are.

Thanks for any suggestions.

You pretty much named them. Try the Work Of Art Maduro (WOAM). You might like it.
Also try the VSG line, although not a special release, you should give it go if you like Fuente.

Try Jack Schwartz or Two Guys Smoke Shop online to see if you can find the GOF. I like them myself, but others don't like the high price tag.

Thanks, I will look for those.

I was also wanting to see if there were any others BESIDES Fuente Cigars that are found around Christmas, but no other time. I wasn't clear with that in the first post.

The Fuente Hemingway Maduros are also readily available during the holidays - the WOAM included. ( The WOAM is my favorite of the bunch - the perfect cigar with a robust cup of joe. ) Fuente has done a holiday gift pack the last few years, but I haven't seen anything mentioned yet about a Holiday 2007 edition.

Also, keep an eye out for the upcoming Padron 80th Anniversary perfecto.

To name a few...

Camacho Scorpion
Davidoff Diadema (not the finas)
Davidoff LE Robusto Puro
AVO LE 05/07
Master Blends
Jose Seijas

MMM, I really like Padron Cigars, thanks I will look for these.

I found some GOF and VSG's online. I agree the GOF price tag is a little high, but I will check out the Ashtons.

Padron 1926
GOF
WOAM
Between The Lines
Ashton VSG
Diamond Crown Maximus (not as rare as the other, but still somewhat hard to find depending on your area and they are an AMAZING smoke)

Ashton vsg ER
Forbidden x (Fuente)
CAO 65th anniversary are light smokes but starting to get hard to find
Gurkha Black Dragons
Padron Millenium, and the newest 80th
Fuente BTL(hard for me to get but not everyone depends where you live)
Anejo

Stuff not as hard to find but worth mention
Cohiba black
Diamond Crown maxima
Montecristo Media noche
La aurora 100 anos
ashton vsg (this is probably #1 smoked cigar for me)
and of course the padron 64 and 26
opus (rarity depends more on size)

Try Arnolds Tobacco. They have a pretty nice deal for first time buyers in which you might get a few rare/hard to find sticks. Nothing as good as the rare Fuentes but there never is! Buy them all!

Signed
A non-repentant Fuente whore

You can also try the Don Carlos Anniversarios. Jackschwartz had them last I checked. High priced but you need to smoke at least one. Absolutely great smoke IMO.

I went to a local shop this evening and looked for a WOAM but they didn't have any yet. I guess those aren't out yet.

I like the Padron line, I will check around to see if i can find the Millennium and the 80th Anniversary.

What is so rare about the Ashton VSG? I find these everywhere. Unless I am looking at the wrong thing. Is "vsg" a certain type of ashton, or a line? Because I thought I had seen them in different sizes.

What is so rare about the Ashton VSG? I find these everywhere. Unless I am looking at the wrong thing. Is "vsg" a certain type of ashton, or a line? Because I thought I had seen them in different sizes.

Not particularly "rare" - but the enchantments and illusions are often sought after.

AshtonVSGAllSizes.jpg

Try Arnolds Tobacco. They have a pretty nice deal for first time buyers in which you might get a few rare/hard to find sticks. Nothing as good as the rare Fuentes but there never is! Buy them all!

Signed
A non-repentant Fuente whore

Thanks for the tip, I just ordered 2 Padron 40th annie and 2 Don Carlos Annie.

Not particularly "rare" - but the enchantments and illusions are often sought after.

ok thanks I will look for those 2 styles.

No the Vsg ER is rare. The vsg i listed under easier to find but great cigars.