• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What pipe tobacco have you been smoking lately?

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
Well another inspired thread. I'm curious what other pipe smokers partake in. Right now I am smoking a healthy bowl of Amazon Rope tobacco and its given me a nice buzz. How about the rest of you.

Right now it's a bowl of Tavern Tobacco's Laurel Flake. I just barely did the charring light so now (puff, puff)I've just done the first true light. I initially tried this as a rolled flake right out of the tin, and it was just too damp, so I rubbed it out a little and have had it sitting on my desk for about 2 hours. So far, it lives up to the praise that others have lavished on it.

This morning, about 0630, I had a bowl of G&H Rich Dark Honeydew; interesting, but it will never be a regular smoke. And at mid-morning some SG Medium Va. Flake; jury's still out on that one.

Yup, this Laurel Flake's measuring up just fine! :thumbs:

Lately I've been rotating Frog Morton on the Town and McClelland's Rose of Latakia. Neither of them hold a candle to John B Hayes (B&M) McHayes Blend. :love:

After trying the article Sunward linked to me, I put in some Midnight Ride from CAO. I have to admit, the article did help my pipe smoking experience out. This tobacco isnt sweet whatsoever and I am getting a "sweetness" taste on puffs. I dont think the article is a secret so here it is...I'm a believer that it works.

http://www.pipes.org/Articles/PipeSweet.html

I have smoked aromatics for about ten years. Recently a Black Raspberry I found in a local tobacco shop back home. It has a pleasant aroma and the other guys here like it. However, have tried some of the non aromatics, Dunhill Standard, a few days ago but I bought this from the Local Nationals and it was probably counterfeit, they have a knack for that here. It did not have the flavor or quality I expected. Do any of yall have any suggestions??

I have smoked aromatics for about ten years. Recently a Black Raspberry I found in a local tobacco shop back home. It has a pleasant aroma and the other guys here like it. However, have tried some of the non aromatics, Dunhill Standard, a few days ago but I bought this from the Local Nationals and it was probably counterfeit, they have a knack for that here. It did not have the flavor or quality I expected. Do any of yall have any suggestions??

I have never heard of them. I only smoke pipe tobacco that I get from 2 B&M's. I will not buy it any where else. I had the Dunhill Flake and it was a very nice tobacco. If you want to pm your name and addy, I can get some pipe tobacco when I go back down to the B&M on August 1st or 2nd. Just tell me what you are lookin g for and I can send a package out. And if you are thinking what its going to cost me, it isnt. :thumbs:

I smoke mostly house blends from Campbell's in E. Lansing, MI. Lately, I've been smoking the hell out of their 50th anniversary, a nice toasty choclate affair.

Forgive my ignorance, I've only been smoking for 4 months, but what is a B&M?

Smokin' a bowl of Fox and Hound, a good english blend. Maybe I will follow with some Amazon (thanks Loren).

Mac Baren Vintage Syrian. :love: If you missed it this time better keep a eye out for it, when the next shipment hits the stores it will fly out again.

From the lable:
HH vintage syrian. a little under half the volume is a smooth and yet powerful Latakia from Syria. Also contains Turkish Oriental, Va from 3 different continents and some dark fired Kentucky.

I picked up a couple new tins. I tried one of them already in my New nording pipe with is just absolutely beautiful.

McClelland's Royal Cajun Ebony. It reminded me a spicy bbq pit. I was kinda smoked out when I had the first bowl so I will try it later today and post a review of this tobacco. I did enjoy it yesterday. :thumbs:

McClelland's Royal Cajun Ebony. It reminded me a spicy bbq pit. I was kinda smoked out when I had the first bowl so I will try it later today and post a review of this tobacco. I did enjoy it yesterday. :thumbs:

Spicy BBQ Pit? MmmmMmmMm

Hello, Just ordered a batch of "Century Coco Creme" for the 1st time and look forward to try it. Cheers, Thomas :rolleyes:

I ain't proud of what I smoked the past 2 days, but here it is. I went into a B&M close to Toronto airport yesterday and bought a baggie of their house blend. Nice scent, but it feels (and smokes) like it was soaked in molasses. I lightly packed a bowl and my finger was wet, sticky and stained. WTF?? I also bought a ready packed bag of Erinmore Mixture, on the owner's recommendation. Jeez, if I wanted to smoke some kind of shredded fruit, I'd have saved myself $20 and made it myself!!!

Live 'n learn I guess.

JIm

ive been smoking straight perique or cutting it a tad with virginia.. I need to find something with a real nice punch to it.

Spicy BBQ Pit? MmmmMmmMm
ashtons artisan blend has very similar taste profile.. I love it.

Well another inspired thread. I'm curious what other pipe smokers partake in. Right now I am smoking a healthy bowl of Amazon Rope tobacco and its given me a nice buzz. How about the rest of you.
is the amazon rope able to be bought all over the country?

Unfortunately I do not know. The rope version is the same as the other 2 styles its sold in. Rope just means it takes longer to be ready to smoke and your have to rub it yourself. It definitely will kick your ass and thats a fact. Good but damn strong at 7% nicotine.

Hell I may just send you some of mine once I find it in the apartment. I will try to get it out tomorrow for you as a little bit goes A LONG WAYS. Smoke at your own risk. :whistling:

Unfortunately I do not know. The rope version is the same as the other 2 styles its sold in. Rope just means it takes longer to be ready to smoke and your have to rub it yourself. It definitely will kick your ass and thats a fact. Good but damn strong at 7% nicotine.

Hell I may just send you some of mine once I find it in the apartment. I will try to get it out tomorrow for you as a little bit goes A LONG WAYS. Smoke at your own risk. :whistling:

:thumbs: Thanks, im always looking for a nice full bodied pipe tobacco to kick my ass a little.

:thumbs: Thanks, im always looking for a nice full bodied pipe tobacco to kick my ass a little.

You may regret that after Amazon pimp rolls you. :0 Its very good IMHO and not an every day smoke. Just one of those when ya have had a bad day and want to feel good. But I will get some out tomorrow if it is fact here and not at my locker. 1 oz = like 1 year worth of smoke

You may regret that after Amazon pimp rolls you. :0 Its very good IMHO and not an every day smoke. Just one of those when ya have had a bad day and want to feel good. But I will get some out tomorrow if it is fact here and not at my locker. 1 oz = like 1 year worth of smoke
Sweet, smoking straight perique will mess you up a bit.. It has a ton of spice and fig/date flavor too it. I dont know that i would recommend smoking it straight to anyone though it actually gives me a buzz which is something i very rarely get off any tobacco product.

I've been smoking GH Dark Birds Eye and a nice blend from Paul's Pipes in Flint called Pauls Cigar Blend.

Both very nice and while the Birds Eye is stronger, the other blend can hold it's own!! Lots of smoke from both, they behave very nicely in the bowl and almost no bite (unless I get rambunctious and puff wayyyyyyyyy too fast).