• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What RH do you prefer

The title says it all. I'm also having burn issues. It seems like every cigar I smoke doesn't burn even and begins to tunnel. The first thing that came to mind was the RH. I have mine at 70% using heartfelt beads.

Jepe Do you have a drain port on your cooler? And if so, it will need to be plugged. (Im sure you've already covered your bases but just adding a few things just in case :) mine is sitting nicely at 66% right now.

Jepe Do you have a drain port on your cooler? And if so, it will need to be plugged. (Im sure you've already covered your bases but just adding a few things just in case :) mine is sitting nicely at 66% right now.

Do you mean the port at the back of the cooler?
Where all the water drops into a small tray?

I didn't know I need to plug it,how can I do it ?

Get a small cork at a hardware store. You will need to route the condensation into a tray of beads in the bottom to recycle the moisture back into the air. Really easy to do.

Just to make sure,I need to plug the port behind the cooler ,right?
Just put on it a cork(like a wine bottle has),that will do the trick?

The condensation is already routing to a bowl of beads at the bottom.

Sorry for the thread jack :blush:

Some have a port to drain the water to the exterior of the cooler. You definitely want to route the condensation to the beads to minimize maintenance but you might want to check if it has a drain plug like on a cooler to drain the water out of it.

Nervjiggy. I have been enjoying mine at about 65-68. People like different thinks but i find this to allow them to burn nicer.

The title says it all. I'm also having burn issues. It seems like every cigar I smoke doesn't burn even and begins to tunnel. The first thing that came to mind was the RH. I have mine at 70% using heartfelt beads.

I use 65% Heartfelt beads in my cooler and humidor. As far as the humidity I don't really worry about what my hygrometers read anymore. After two years of incessantly checking I finally realized the beads do their job and my cigars smoke good.

Next time try dry boxing a cigar for a day or two before you smoke it. That may help your issues. I've noticed though that the 65% beads keep the humidity at between 66% and 69% normally in my set ups. What is your hygrometer reading?

I keep a 120 qt cooler at 65 to 66%, top to bottom. I also have some Fuentes at 70% in my CAO Italia desktop. Just smoked a WOAM yesterday that was perfect burn and draw and taste.

Nic Puros, like most Pepins, 65% is MAX or you get the issues you mention.

I never owned many Padrons but read here they like it a bit higher than 65%.

Long term storage is at about 65 and my desktop humi is at 58-60. I find the cigars I smoke burn and taste better if they're a little on the dry side. Even at these levels, I still have to drybox a number of cigars to improve a tight draw.

I have the Aristocrat set at 64%. When I first got into cigars a couple years ago, I kept mine at 70%. I had numerous burn issues. Try lowering your humidity. Buy some 65% beads. :thumbs:

70% for long term storage.
65 - 62% for Tatuaje, Pepin, Illusione, and others I plan on smoking soon.
Every so often I pick some to stick in a tupperdor that I keep around 59%. Everything smokes and taste great out of it.

I use 65% Heartfelt beads in my cooler and humidor. As far as the humidity I don't really worry about what my hygrometers read anymore. After two years of incessantly checking I finally realized the beads do their job and my cigars smoke good.

Next time try dry boxing a cigar for a day or two before you smoke it. That may help your issues. I've noticed though that the 65% beads keep the humidity at between 66% and 69% normally in my set ups. What is your hygrometer reading?
Thanks for all your reply's.

Mine reads a constant 70%

This may have been dicussed on a cigar forum. :rolleyes:

???
:rolleyes: :)

My cello on humidor is kept at eleventeen percent. However, my cello off humi holds a rock-steady buck three-eighty.

I like to keep my cigars between 60 and 65 rh. In the summer though they will get up to 70 in my humidors and my cooledor will get as high as 68.

Ask a group of experienced cigar smokers thsi question and you'll get answers from 58-75%.

It's about personal preferance, period. And, what you will find out is that a few points either way don't make much difference at all.

My cabinet runs a very solid 65% but in the summer with the pelts working hard it gets up to 70% occasionally. My smokes are fine. I don't worry. Life is good......:p

I like to keep my cigars between 60 and 65 rh. In the summer though they will get up to 70 in my humidors and my cooledor will get as high as 68.
X2 on the 60-65% RH. I really don't watch it that close anymore and I don't get bent out of shape over small swings. I use the 65% beads for 3 seasons and a 4oz jar of CI humicare crystals in the winter in my humis. The beads soak up excess moisture better and the crystals give off more moisture in the winter when the household RH is real low. Cooler gets 60% RH beads in the summer and 65% the rest of the year. Mold concerns is why I go with 60% in the cooler. I've never had a problem and I want to keep it that way.

Back