• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What smoking music are you listening to? (2024)

October 1970 Monmouth College Monmouth NJ

My friend Larry lived on the floor below me. We were in the same grade even though he as 18 months older. Not his fault his birthday was on the wrong side of whatever cutoff the school board used and I had skipped a grade. Larry's brother was going to Monmouth and he decided to go visit and asked if I wanted to come along. Looking back on it now I'm pretty sure he stole his father's car. he was 16, only had a learners permit and there were were driving 75 miles to the school. It wasn't until later in the day he told me his parent went away to New York for the weekend,

So we get there about 3 and wander around looking for the right dorm, finally find that and pound on the door. Josh opens the door and in a gush of brotherly love says: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE!? I'm sure he didn't want his younger brother and geeky friend hanging out with him on a Saturday night. So after making some space where we could crash on the floor he decided that the best way to keep us out of his hair was to take us to the concert at the gym and then hang out with his friends in a different part of the building. Josh gave Larry a spare key, said don't wait up and that was the last I saw of him until the next day.

The band was called Steel Mill but used to be called Child until they found out a NY band was already using that. Child and later Steel Mill were very popular in NJ, Philly and Virginia. They opened for Ike & Tina Turner, Chicago, Boz Scaggs and even Black Sabbath. But this isn't about who they were but what they would become. At the time of this show Steel Mill had 4 members of what would become Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. Even back then you got 100% show. $2 bought you 3 hours of straight ahead rock and roll. The gym was packed and everyone we saw was having a good time. When it came time for the encore the building shook from people stomping their feet.

We got back to the room just buzzing from the show, reminding each other did you see that or how about when they did that. Of course I was in massive trouble when i got home but it wasn't the first time and wouldn't be the last

October 1970 Monmouth College Monmouth NJ

My friend Larry lived on the floor below me. We were in the same grade even though he as 18 months older. Not his fault his birthday was on the wrong side of whatever cutoff the school board used and I had skipped a grade. Larry's brother was going to Monmouth and he decided to go visit and asked if I wanted to come along. Looking back on it now I'm pretty sure he stole his father's car. he was 16, only had a learners permit and there were were driving 75 miles to the school. It wasn't until later in the day he told me his parent went away to New York for the weekend,

So we get there about 3 and wander around looking for the right dorm, finally find that and pound on the door. Josh opens the door and in a gush of brotherly love says: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE!? I'm sure he didn't want his younger brother and geeky friend hanging out with him on a Saturday night. So after making some space where we could crash on the floor he decided that the best way to keep us out of his hair was to take us to the concert at the gym and then hang out with his friends in a different part of the building. Josh gave Larry a spare key, said don't wait up and that was the last I saw of him until the next day.

The band was called Steel Mill but used to be called Child until they found out a NY band was already using that. Child and later Steel Mill were very popular in NJ, Philly and Virginia. They opened for Ike & Tina Turner, Chicago, Boz Scaggs and even Black Sabbath. But this isn't about who they were but what they would become. At the time of this show Steel Mill had 4 members of what would become Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. Even back then you got 100% show. $2 bought you 3 hours of straight ahead rock and roll. The gym was packed and everyone we saw was having a good time. When it came time for the encore the building shook from people stomping their feet.

We got back to the room just buzzing from the show, reminding each other did you see that or how about when they did that. Of course I was in massive trouble when i got home but it wasn't the first time and wouldn't be the last

I could read your concert memories all day Ray!

TFT 90's OHW

I know we've covered this one before, but One Headlight will forever be a memory associated with a very drunken night at a strip club on Guam in 1997. There shall be no further elaboration. That song, however, holds a special place for me.

I know we've covered this one before, but One Headlight will forever be a memory associated with a very drunken night at a strip club on Guam in 1997. There shall be no further elaboration. That song, however, holds a special place for me.
Are you sure it wasn't a little Guamette holding a special place🥰

Are you sure it wasn't a little Guamette holding a special place🥰

Story, story, story! We all deserve the story!