• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What tequilas do you like?

alphaiii

I wanted to get an idea of what everyone prefers when it comes to tequila. First, are you an anejo, a reposoda, or a blanco/plata drinker? Second, what are your top brand picks in whichever category you enjoy.

I am primarily a reposado drinker.

My top reposados:
Cabo Wabo
Don Julio
El Tesoro
Gran Centenario

I was not impressed with Herradura, Hornitos, Cazadores, and Cuervo Tradicional. A couple I'd like to try are Herencia de Plata and Chinaco.

I am condsidering branching into the anejo and blanco categories more. I've tried El Tesoro Anejo, and it's an incredible tequila. 1800 anejo wasn't bad, but too oaky - not nearly as balanced as the Tesoro.

Other anejos, I'd like to try:
Cabo Wabo
Don Julio
Chinaco

As for blancos, Cabo Wabo, Patron, and Chinaco are pretty good. 1800 Silver is also pretty good considering the price. I would like to try Don Julio and El Tesoro. So far, I haven't been too wowed by unaged tequila.

So tell me what you like, and what you think I should try, even if it's not in my little lists.

I like the almond tequilla. Drank a whole liter one night in high school and surprisingly I stood my ground. So, the next weekend I went for the bee-hive looking bottle with a handle over the top. That wasn't so good. Never drank it since, but the almond tequilla is/was good in my book.

Ree

While I am not a real tequila person, I have been to Mexico a lot. Don Julio anjeo is still my favorite. Lime, salt and kill(the bacteria). It is good, smooth and I like it. I know there are probably better ones, but I've settled there for whatever it's worth.

I like tequila and I know there are MANY great tequilas out there but I've only had one or two of some NICE ones a long time ago. A friend I used to work with 20 years ago was into tequila and let me try some of his "special" ones but I can't remember what they were :(

I feel stupid here saying I like Jose Cuervo :D

As mentioned before. Read this thread.

ejquin said:
Anyone here ever try the Cuervo Reserva De La Famlia? I'm thinking of getting a bottle.
[snapback]193046[/snapback]​

From the replies in this thread and the "Best Tequila" thread, it seems there are alot of Anejo drinkers here.

After a night of too much Jose 3 years ago have pretty much avoided them. That said, had this one called Patron in a clear bottle the other night and it was pretty nice.

I love corazon, I like Tesoro, I drink Chinaco and Sauza.

I'm waiting to try that Rey Sol stuff. :0

Patron Anjeo is very good, herradura anjeo though is by far my favorite. the herradura has a very bourbon like nose and color.

Tequila lover here...my fave so far has been Chamucos repasado, followed by Con Argullo anejo, then CasaNoble anejo, then Patron anejo, then CaboWabo repasado...have a bottle of Porfidio blnco to crack open this weekend.

Back