• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

what to do...what to do...

marcsheldon

CP's official Architect
Hey I got a simple question that I wanted to get some opinions on. I recently bought a box of smokes that were individually wrapped in the clear plastic wrappers like alot of them are. My gut feeling tells me I should take each one out so the moisture can get to them easier. I asked the guy at the shop and he said it didn't matter.....maybe it doesn't.

do a search, this has been discussed a few times.

And Welcome to CP!

I doesn't matter. I favor leaving cello on in order to protect cigars from damage.

ricmac25 said:
do a search, this has been discussed a few times.
Like yesterday. :)

LINK

In a nutshell. It's more a matter of personal choice than anything. FWIW I leave the cello on. In fact, I put almost all cigars without cello into baggies.

But, they still need to be kept in a humidor/tupperdor/coolerdar... :)

If it comes in cello, I leave it in there while in long term storage. But if I know I'm going to be smoking it in the near future, whether it be a few hours from now or 2 days... I'll take it out of the cello and have it acclimate to the surroundings before firing it up.

I am going to go out on a limb and say it does matter and I'll tell why why I think it does:

Cello on protects you cigars from damaging the wrapper during handling/storage. Also, during long term aging, there are many people who have stated that cigars aged in their cello had more flavor whaen smoked. Now this was for cigars from the same box, some had the cello taken off. If you dont have a large fridgedor or several coolerdor's, that chance that anything get's aged past 3-4 years is slim. But if you do have something set up for long term storage, why take a chance, keep the cellos on.

Now cello off is something I know a little more about. I have bought a ton of cigars from JR's. I really love their customer service and price point. But with that, you know to expect cigars that are shipped wet. If I don't plan on letting them age, I take the cello off immediately. They tend to climatize much faster to the humidor, beoming smokable sooner. Also, sick cigars will get better faster with cello off. Habano's are not the only cigar's that have sick periods.

So there you have it. I say look at your situation and see how either situation will apply to you. Hope that helps some.

Emo

This is what I posted on the other thread.