• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What to do with Cigars with mold on them?

BKSinAZ

Not sure why, but seems like every cigar I place in my small 50 stick prometheus humidor, seems to grow mold. Can I just wipe the mold off and smoke?
Is there a cleaning process for the humidor?

Rather than worrying about the outcome, if I were you I'd be more concerned about the source of the problem. Start reading up on proper seasoning and storage so the problem doesn't keep occurring. Good luck.

If it's white and wipes off easily, then that's ploom - a good thing. If it's furry and doesn't come off, then that's mold. If I were you, I'd throw them away (if it's mold), and get a new humidor with the right humidification device.

I wait until I'm sick, then I switch to the moldy cigars. Usually clears me right up.

Not sure why, but seems like every cigar I place in my small 50 stick prometheus humidor, seems to grow mold. Can I just wipe the mold off and smoke?
Is there a cleaning process for the humidor?

I had quite a few cigars that were "moldy" from when I got them, It wipped off easliy and did not come back but being in a alum tube really seems more likely to be mold. They smoked fine, am down to 3 of the "moldy" ones.

I had a green foam humidifier that got moldy, wipped down the humidor with vinegar and water. Let it air out, using only gel now and no issues. as not really the humidifier either though, used too much distilled water and not enough 50/50 PG solution, From running too wet I am now in the low 60's, cant seem to find the right ballance and get it to 65% RH

Mold is an awesome thing, just not on cigars! If you catch it early enough you can smoke the cigar. If it is a fur ball diguised as a cigar, dispose of it asap.

Like others have said get your humi squared away, before purchasing any other cigars or start a tuppador, with some beads!