• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What to get next?

cybrok

Once again, a new year is coming.

Once again, some of my friends are lucky to be able to take vacations to Cuba.

Once again, these friends don't smoke :whistling:

Good for me :) I have my cigar dealer.

I just wonder what I should ask for this time. As for the size, I really like the Montecristo #5. What would you suggest in that range?

I will probably ask for another 5-box of these, plus another 5-box.

Cohiba Siglo I and the Diplomaticos #5 are the same size as the Monte #5. However, the Dip isn't available in a 5-pack.

If you go a little longer, there is a broader choice. (Monte #5 is a "perla" size, the "minuto" size is more popular and is 8mm longer.) Some of the popular cigars in these sizes were discussed recently here:
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=52160 Unfortunately, again, almost all of the cigars mentioned in that thread are not available in 5-packs (i.e., only in boxes of 25 or 50).

The good thing is that the one that is available in a 5-pack is very good - the Trinidad Reyes. I personally prefer the Reyes to the other two choices available in 5-packs (Monte#5 / Cohiba Siglo I), but that's just my taste. The Reyes is about 25% more expensive than the Monte #5. (Siglo I is about 50% more than the Monte.)

Although not available in a 5-pack, you can also get the Cohiba Maduro Secretos (same size as the Reyes) in a box of 10. The per-cigar pricing is almost double the Monte #5, though.

Good luck!

Cohiba Siglo I and the Diplomaticos #5 are the same size as the Monte #5. However, the Dip isn't available in a 5-pack.

If you go a little longer, there is a broader choice. (Monte #5 is a "perla" size, the "minuto" size is more popular and is 8mm longer.) Some of the popular cigars in these sizes were discussed recently here:
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=52160 Unfortunately, again, almost all of the cigars mentioned in that thread are not available in 5-packs (i.e., only in boxes of 25 or 50).

The good thing is that the one that is available in a 5-pack is very good - the Trinidad Reyes. I personally prefer the Reyes to the other two choices available in 5-packs (Monte#5 / Cohiba Siglo I), but that's just my taste. The Reyes is about 25% more expensive than the Monte #5. (Siglo I is about 50% more than the Monte.)

Although not available in a 5-pack, you can also get the Cohiba Maduro Secretos (same size as the Reyes) in a box of 10. The per-cigar pricing is almost double the Monte #5, though.

Good luck!

Nothing really to add to the above as I think he nailed it, but I would just add that you should give the Diplo #5s a shot. Very similar in profile to the Montes and much cheaper than the Cohibas and Trinis.

yes, good points.

still i would encourage you to try the scdh el principe. they have been smoking brilliantly fresh from the 08 boxes and they are more reasonably priced than the above mentioned, w/ the exception of the diplo #5. they are very popular in our shop w/ monte smokers.

cheers
drew p

Roger that on the Reyes and Dip5. Over the last year, I've found the Diplomaticos to be more satisfying than their Monte counterparts. The Dip4, especially has been a standout from the 06 and 07 productions.

Wilkey