• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What torch lighter should I get?

It's way more than the $20.00 you want to spend, but if you'd buy a Blazer PB-207 from Mark @ Cigarmony, you'd likely never need another.

Yes, they are that damn good.

Cheap lighters are usually more frustration than they are worth.

Regards - B.B.S.

It's way more than the $20.00 you want to spend, but if you'd buy a Blazer PB-207 from Mark @ Cigarmony, you'd likely never need another.

Yes, they are that damn good.

Cheap lighters are usually more frustration than they are worth.

Regards - B.B.S.

Agree with this completely. I went through a few torch lighters, one of them on the pricier side, before I got a Blazer and this thing is amazing in comparison to other torches. Solid, holds lots of fluid, burns really hot, and looks cool! I'll never go back.

You can buy a lot of kitchen matches for $20. They work damn near every time. I got a drawer full of expensive lighters that don't work, including two of the aformentioned Blazers.

Doc.

hmm, well is there any decent ones in the $20 area? or am I going to have to spend $40+ ?

If you have to go cheaper than the Blazers, the only torch lighter I'd suggest considering is the Ronson JetLite. Available at Wal-Marts and CVS drug stores from $3-$6. Incredibly reliable and a nice appearance for such a relatively low price point. I buy them by the pocketful whenever I run across them and stash them all over the place. Oddly enough, they're more expensive on Ronson's website.

You can buy a lot of kitchen matches for $20. They work damn near every time. I got a drawer full of expensive lighters that don't work, including two of the aformentioned Blazers.

Doc.

I you can get about 8000 quality kitchen matches for $20. Unlike doc I go with the strike any wheres.

You can buy a lot of kitchen matches for $20. They work damn near every time. I got a drawer full of expensive lighters that don't work, including two of the aforementioned Blazers.

Doc.

I you can get about 8000 quality kitchen matches for $20. Unlike doc I go with the strike any wheres.

You young fellas should consider an old man's advice. I've bought damned near every cigar accessory on the planet. Only three have met my expectations, Viper's beads, SAK cigar cutter and Otter boxes. The rest is crap, for people with more money than brains. In my opinion of course.

Doc.

I'm gonna see if walmart has the ronson jetlite. thanks for the info.

I use a Colibri lighter and it hasn't given me any problems. I also second the "good Butane" recommendation. (No cheap stuff)
I have seen some Xikar lighters for that price and I will probably pick one up soon.
Let us know what you end up with.

Bic :thumbs: There cheep, light every time, and if you lose it or break it who cares. Wind is the only killer with them.
I just don't see the need for a 10,000 degree torch to char the end of a cigar.

Bic :thumbs: There cheep, light every time, and if you lose it or break it who cares. Wind is the only killer with them.
I am pretty sure Bics are a no no. Lighter fluid will add flavor, while butane lighters do not. I could be wrong but this is what I remember reading.

I am pretty sure Bics are a no no. Lighter fluid will add flavor, while butane lighters do not. I could be wrong but this is what I remember reading.
i think some Bics are butane, i'm probably wrong.

i think some Bics are butane, i'm probably wrong.

You're right, they are butane. Zippos the only real lighter that still use lighter fluid.

Even with a Zippo, you can get that new low-flavor fluid or whatever.

I've got a Xikar Eris that's got a punch built in. I like it just fine, works well.