• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

Powers is good. Nothing special from what I remember, but it's been a while. Never heard of Quiet Man. Best Irish whiskey that I've had thus far is Redbreast and Jameson 18.

Powers is good. Nothing special from what I remember, but it's been a while. Never heard of Quiet Man. Best Irish whiskey that I've had thus far is Redbreast and Jameson 18.
What would you pick: Powers, Jameson, Proper 12 or Slane? Or if you have any other picks in the ~$30 price range

What would you pick: Powers, Jameson, Proper 12 or Slane? Or if you have any other picks in the ~$30 price range
I can't really answer that as I have not had Proper 12 or Slane. Is Tullamore Dew an option? I kinda have a love/hate relationship with Jameson. Some days it goes down like silk, other days like a grenade.

I can't really answer that as I have not had Proper 12 or Slane. Is Tullamore Dew an option? I kinda have a love/hate relationship with Jameson. Some days it goes down like silk, other days like a grenade.
T Dew is ok, I prefer Jameson over it though. I’ve had Proper 12 and really enjoy it. Same with Slane. I guess I’m wondering where Powers would fit in and also if you have any other recommendations.

Have you ever had Power’s or Quiet Man? I saw them in our liquor store and haven’t seen them before.

Never had either. Reading the other posts I remember really liking Redbreast but I forget how many years was the one that impressed me the most

T Dew is ok, I prefer Jameson over it though. I’ve had Proper 12 and really enjoy it. Same with Slane. I guess I’m wondering where Powers would fit in and also if you have any other recommendations.
Haven't had Powers in a while. I'd assume between Powers/Jameson/Tullamore Dew/Bushmills it's just personal preference. For me, Tullamore is my preference. None of the others I've tried have really stuck out one way or another.

Smoked old fashion with Bulleit Rye. It was very good. It was a tad sweet for my taste, but if I made it I would tone that down a tad.
I don't have the "smoked" ability but what did you use for a recipie.