• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

A very kind (NATHAN) and thoughtful (NATHAN) member of this board (NATHAN) sent me a wonderful bottle of Weller Special Reserve. In good conscious I can’t mention his name (NATHAN) but I will forever be grateful. You know who you are (NATHAN). Thank you!

EDITED TO ADD: I poured myself a dram as soon as I received it - and there’s no doubt I agree with others who really like this “soft” bourbon. I was actually enjoying a cup of coffee when the mail was delivered so I took a sip of the Weller’s in between sips of coffee. OMG it pairs so nicely! 👍
View attachment 48229
I told George I wanted to give him something long and hard. He didn't hesitate to provide his address. Odd, guy.

How do you rate is vs the bourbon? I love rare breed, but finding the rye version has proved difficult.
If I had to pick, I'd take the bourbon over the rye. The rye is really good, but RB bourbon is one of my favorite bottles. There are a couple of other ryes I'd pick in front of this one.

Last edited:
I thought it was just ok. Not something I would buy after trying it.
But don't you know its hard to find, that makes it 1000 times better than what you taste. I like it but I like other stuff that is cheaper and available all the time just as well or better.

Was on amazon a while back and they were doing some Blantons for €55. Not being into Bourbon at the time I didn't give it much thought beyond "that's a pretty cork". Fast forward a few months and I see that particular bottle was being sold elsewhere for €200-250...

Was on amazon a while back and they were doing some Blantons for €55. Not being into Bourbon at the time I didn't give it much thought beyond "that's a pretty cork". Fast forward a few months and I see that particular bottle was being sold elsewhere for €200-250...
Amazon sells booze?

Yeah over this side of the pond it does. As they can buy in bulk they're usually cheaper then other online retailers.