• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

Would you recommend either of these and for the price? Not my thing, but if it's good to have around

• Clase Azul Reposado....$159.99
  • Don Julio Primavera Tequila Limited Edition..$134.99

Would you recommend either of these and for the price? Not my thing, but if it's good to have around

Don Julio Primavera at that price is a good deal

Classe azul is $150 by me so it should cheaper by you

Ain't read the whole thread but I love a good rum with a cigar. My go to is slightly sweet but not overly so, the Zacapa Solera 23 - it's not really 23 years old, despite what retailers will say (And they can say whatever they want) but Zacapa will tell you that their product is a blend of different barrels one of which is 23 years old. I'm guessing the 23 yo, if any, is probably < 15% of the blend

Either way, this rum neat has decent character and really pairs well with a smoke. And it won't break the bank as it's about $43-$49 for a 750.

Last edited:
Ain't read the whole thread but I love a good rum with a cigar. My go to is slightly sweet but not overly so, the Zacapa Solana 23 - it's not really 23 years old, despite what retailers will say (And they can say whatever they want) but Zacapa will tell you that their product is a blend of different barrels one of which is 23 years old. I'm guessing the 23 yo, if any, is probably < 15% of the blend

Either way, this rum neat has decent character and really pairs well with a smoke. And it won't break the bank as it's about $43-$49 for a 750.
As a rum guy, do you do any tiki drinks? I need a good rum that would work both in a Pain Killer and a Mai Tai. Don’t wanna keep multiple around to make both drinks

I just did a search and see you guys are all over the Solera. I buy a few bottles every time I'm in the US (as it's a bit cheaper than where I live). Will have to try the Bambu XO in the near future, as recommended in this thread.

Note: I purchased last week on a recommendation: Matusalem Reserva, was not impressed. Usually after immediately uncorking most spirits are a bit harsher than they will be after a few day's worth of air... But I don't think this bottle has any hope. It's Dominican and was only USD$39

As a rum guy, do you do any tiki drinks? I need a good rum that would work both in a Pain Killer and a Mai Tai. Don’t wanna keep multiple around to make both drinks
For Tiki drinks you can't go wrong with plain old white rum (I use Havana Club 3 YO regular - but if you are mixing a bunch of other Tiki things with it like orgeat syrup or Pain Killer/Zombie/Mai Tai type of mixers it really doesn't matter as long as it's decent quality that won't rip your stomach apart). Any decent Jamaican rum will do if you are in the US and can't get Havana Club.

A great go to for darker rum Tiki Drink recipes is the old Stand by: Myers Dark.

I love a Myers Dark and pineapple if I'm on the beach in the Caribbean.

Mt Gay Barbados is a great in between/amber go to rum for Tiki Drinks.

Again, all of these rums are good for Tiki Drinks, probably not for sipping neat.

Photo of a Myers and Pineapple a few years ago at a beach bar on Peter Island - it's to the right of the RyJ....

Attachments

• WorldCupRyJShortChurchill.jpg
    WorldCupRyJShortChurchill.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 7
Alot of these Tiki drinks have both Light and dark and some even a splash of 151. If you only want a single bottle in your bar for Tiki drinks, go with an amber rum like the Mt Gay - but

I believe this is an awesome Jamaican rum, white but high proof:

"Wray and Nephew White Overproof Jamaica Rum" at 126 proof really gets the Tiki party going. Don't forget the bamboo umbrellas

Alot of these Tiki drinks have both Light and dark and some even a splash of 151. If you only want a single bottle in your bar for Tiki drinks, go with an amber rum like the Mt Gay - but

I believe this is an awesome Jamaican rum, white but high proof:

"Wray and Nephew White Overproof Jamaica Rum" at 126 proof really gets the Tiki party going. Don't forget the bamboo umbrellas
Yeah I like Meyers dark in my Mai Tai but I found it a little lacking in the pain killer. Need an over proof I think to make the pain killer better and hopefully not mess up the Mai Tai. I’ll have to try it out. Thanks for the tips

Ain't read the whole thread but I love a good rum with a cigar. My go to is slightly sweet but not overly so, the Zacapa Solera 23 - it's not really 23 years old, despite what retailers will say (And they can say whatever they want) but Zacapa will tell you that their product is a blend of different barrels one of which is 23 years old. I'm guessing the 23 yo, if any, is probably < 15% of the blend

I am also into dark rums when I have a cigar. My go to neat are: Zacapa 23, XO, plantation XO, dimplamatico reserva.

Anyone ever have either of these?

The coffee, maple syrup, one was interesting! Tasted a lot like Kahlua.

The Canadian one was good, a lot of ethanol, but good.

1659629465452.png

I'm a scotch guy, and bourbon.

My go to scotch is Ardbeg Ten Year Old Single Malt. That scotch has such a great flavor. Although, I would say it's not for every scotch drinker.

I'm a scotch guy, and bourbon.

My go to scotch is Ardbeg Ten Year Old Single Malt. That scotch has such a great flavor. Although, I would say it's not for every scotch drinker.
Man that Ardbeg smells like straight Band-AIDS. Not for me. I like a little peat but that has PEAT. I’m more of a bourbon guy myself. Interested in trying some rums though since I love the flavor I tiki drinks I’ll prob love it as a sipper

Man that Ardbeg smells like straight Band-AIDS. Not for me. I like a little peat but that has PEAT. I’m more of a bourbon guy myself. Interested in trying some rums though since I love the flavor I tiki drinks I’ll prob love it as a sipper
Yeah. Like I said, it's not a scotch for all scotch drinkers. It has some real briny flavors that appear and once it get a little water in it a lot of the other flavors open up. I love it.