• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What would age more gracefully?

Well PUGIt, I don't suppose anyone out there has a 5 year old Padron so I can see what the good ole days we like. Only got in cigars six years ago and it took several years to graduate to the Padron, cost be a good reason, lack of knowledge the other.

Most of you BOTl's are 35-55 and I don't know where tasting goes along with aging. I think it's a good question that only time will answer.

In the meantime I will have to go count shekels and get a Reserva to find the magic taste. Thanks for the input Tom.

Cleo's buddy, Pug

i have lfd dbl ligero lanceros from '08 which have mellowed out considerably. very smooth but somewhat one dimensional. and almost none of the bang that you get from a fresh one.
Way after the fact, but I have to recant what I stated about the LFD dbl ligero. 1st, I was mistaken about the year on the box I had. It's actually 2006 dbl ligeros. 2nd, just smoked one, and it's still a pepper bomb. The last time I had one on a clean palate was about 3 years ago and somehow today's is stronger than it was 3 years ago. Had to put it down halfway thru.

Attachments

• 20160528_000951-picsay.jpg
    20160528_000951-picsay.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 3
Way after the fact, but I have to recant what I stated about the LFD dbl ligero. 1st, I was mistaken about the year on the box I had. It's actually 2006 dbl ligeros. 2nd, just smoked one, and it's still a pepper bomb. The last time I had one on a clean palate was about 3 years ago and somehow today's is stronger than it was 3 years ago. Had to put it down halfway thru.

I'd be happy to sample it to confirm your suspicions. Hate to see you suffer.

Everyone here is talking about their finest sticks with all these weird names that most people probably wont even get to buy even though some may taste grand but you're all wasting your time. Sure you may get great flavors, but sometimes not.. look at the Davidoffs.

I will be the hottest new cigar guy in the coming years, trying to break into the industry and I am not in it yet really, it will take some time and that is why I am launching my placebo effect.. I keep the wholesalers I buy from a secret, you will not know who they are but just know you are getting FINE cheap sticks and with my age and my brain power working on them however long they will take to manifest into the right cigar and the right casing, right moisture, I guarantee you will not be disappointed. They have blends of Nicaraguan and Dominican but I had to pick it up in the flavors, the people I buy them from don't necessary like to give their secrets away either. Isnt this going to be fun?? You will have to pick out where these come from with some nice age, and the flavor of manifestation. God bless and maybe one day you all can try them.

You have to be trolling. There just isn't another explanation unless you really think that 1) people are wasting their time enjoying good flavors, 2) clearly knowing nothing about the industry you can "break in", 3) that people will buy your cheap crappy cigars on the basis of your "placebo" theory, and 4) that you have brain power working in your favor.

Edit: I'm regretting posting this seeing now how this guy is already getting a drumming in another thread. Mental illness isn't a joke, and we as a collective group have few tools to deal with a sick forum member.

Last edited:
You have to be trolling. There just isn't another explanation unless you really think that 1) people are wasting their time enjoying good flavors, 2) clearly knowing nothing about the industry you can "break in", 3) that people will buy your cheap crappy cigars on the basis of your "placebo" theory, and 4) that you have brain power working in your favor.

Edit: I'm regretting posting this seeing now how this guy is already getting a drumming in another thread. Mental illness isn't a joke, and we as a collective group few tools to deal with a sick forum member.
I've been wondering if he really is mentally ill or just a troll. There's no other explanation for all his posts.

Everyone here is talking about their finest sticks with all these weird names that most people probably wont even get to buy even though some may taste grand but you're all wasting your time. Sure you may get great flavors, but sometimes not.. look at the Davidoffs.

I will be the hottest new cigar guy in the coming years, trying to break into the industry and I am not in it yet really, it will take some time and that is why I am launching my placebo effect.. I keep the wholesalers I buy from a secret, you will not know who they are but just know you are getting FINE cheap sticks and with my age and my brain power working on them however long they will take to manifest into the right cigar and the right casing, right moisture, I guarantee you will not be disappointed. They have blends of Nicaraguan and Dominican but I had to pick it up in the flavors, the people I buy them from don't necessary like to give their secrets away either. Isnt this going to be fun?? You will have to pick out where these come from with some nice age, and the flavor of manifestation. God bless and maybe one day you all can try them.
What is your plan for the FDA regulations?

Already have a box of RASS and I agree with you on their age-ability but I'm looking for something else.

My compliments on your excellent taste. The 858SG recommendation was based on an NC in the price range that can be inferred from your post, but with significant aging potential. We'd all like the box of Winnies on a 25 year plan as per BBS's excellent recommendation but that can be a tall financial order for some. If you look at older passes 858SG have been treated like gems when they have 8-10 years on them. My opinion is that they come to resemble Opus quite strongly with age, and I've seen boxes in the past few months under $120. Personally, aged Padron leave me a bit cold though many swear by them, especially the 2000 and 3000.

We shall not discuss the 858 Rosado.

Another candidate could be the Illusione Rothchilde, though I have not heard anything about how they age past a few years.

I'm looking for input on the longevity of Padron X000 madoros. What is the oldest one that you have smoked and how has it held up?

I'm looking for input on the longevity of Padron X000 madoros. What is the oldest one that you have smoked and how has it held up?
I had an 8 or 10 year old couple of 4000. They seemed fantastic. However, if you search there was a thread where folks could swear the x000's changed the blend slightly and recent productions post 2010??? Weren't seeming to age as nicely after 1-2 years.