• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What would you bring to dinner?

Flowers and a bottle of homemade Luna Rossa......

Nice! I just read up on it.
I love Amarone which seems to be the inspiration behind some of the grapes in someone's offering.
A full Amarone is damned expensive here in the states. Fantastic with meat or as a reduction over meat or meatballs.
I really need to look more deeply into this. Thanks, John.

Giovi – Grappa Moscato di Pantelleria, had this one once and thought it pretty good, I would bring that and a few good sticks, like a 1998 Monte Especial # 1. I know where to get the Monte's but would have to try a bit harder on the grappa.

Giovi – Grappa Moscato di Pantelleria, had this one once and thought it pretty good, I would bring that and a few good sticks, like a 1998 Monte Especial # 1. I know where to get the Monte's but would have to try a bit harder on the grappa.
I like how your thinking. I have a bottle of Banfi. Your choice looks like it's probably better.
I don't think I've smoked anything from 98/99
We used to get guys who just got a promotion shots of Grappa. Damn we were evil.

Yes, Grappa is good, but be careful, it will sneak up on you...

Nice! I just read up on it.
I love Amarone which seems to be the inspiration behind some of the grapes in someone's offering.
A full Amarone is damned expensive here in the states. Fantastic with meat or as a reduction over meat or meatballs.
I really need to look more deeply into this. Thanks, John.

It is a recipe modeled after Amarone de Recioto de Valpolicella....... It's reasonably easy to make and comes along very quickly after I bottle it. Very drinkable within a month. Not sure about the story behind how my Great Grandfather came to love such a Northern Italian wine when his Citizenship papers had him listed as "Italian South". That, and he thought all Northern Italians were unscrupulous people. :D
My Grandmother grew up in Akron Ohio thinking everyone had a wine press and oak barrels in their basement. She said they didn't call it Luna Rossa, but rather "Dago Red".

It has been a few years since I've broken out the bucket and carboy. Might be time to dust it off with all of this talk. My wife ruined the last batch by staging all of our wine in a very hot garage for a few days before our last move back to Fredericksburg.

Not sure about the story behind how my Great Grandfather came to love such a Northern Italian wine when his Citizenship papers had him listed as "Italian South". That, and he thought all Northern Italians were unscrupulous people. :D
My Grandmother grew up in Akron Ohio thinking everyone had a wine press and oak barrels in their basement
Haha, yea, I grew up in a Southern Italian family (Barese) and the Northerners got a regular ration of crap.
That wine sounds really good.
My Grandfather made wine, but stopped when I hit about 10 or 12. He would send me to the barrel with a pitcher. We had to siphon it out, so, you'd get to taste it. ;)
I have no clue what he made other than remembering red and white grapes, and it being really nice, sort of sweet, and easy to drink. I think that might say something when a kid thinks that.
I now wish I had learned how he made it.
We were given little glasses of wine as kids. Now they'd go to jail.

Once upon a time we had a few grappas after dinner while in Germany and ended up backing up across the Rhine when we figured out we were going the wrong way back to the hotel. The police did not think that was very funny.

So whats this wine like? I'm not very familiar with Italian wines and honestly had never heard of it and had to google what it was.
This is a Tuscan Merlot, very rich and velvety... Black cherry's, brown sugar and sweet oak, with a finish that lasts for hours... Simply delicious...

Sounds amazing. As soon as I finish this degree in wine making I'm definitely going to have to do the sommelier. Have a better chance of learning more about the other wine regions and tasting some of them that way.

Somehow missed this thread. Since it looks like everyone is bringing wine, I'll dig around and see if I can find a bottle of homemade plum brandy from Croatia.

If you are a good friend a bottle of Nocino della Cristina for after dinner.