• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What would you expect from a Cigar Club?

steamboat

Future Skinny Person
A friend and I are having a debate and semi-seriously thinking about a cigar club. He thinks you need to serve food,sell beer and cigars. I thinking more along the lines of providing a comfortable enviorment with good air quality and BYOB, BYOC, maybe group buys etc. but not serve lunch everyday, etc.

If you were seriously considering joining a local cigar club, what level of service would you want?

Is a clean ash tray and a comfortable chair sufficient or do you want private lockers, lunch available everyday, etc.

Clean air, nice TV, nice chair, ashtrays, honor system soft drinks/mixers/coffee, and a locker would suit me well.

Any more than that would strike me as a club that I could smoke cigars at, and not a cigar club, if that makes any sense.

All I would want is somewhere to hang and be with people that like to smoke as much as I do.

Nothing fancy, folding chairs will work and a table with an ashtray.

Byo is always the best, people usually bring extras to showoff or give away anyways.

Its more cost affective this way, and you as a host are not trying to work so hard just to hang with friends

and have a smoke.

The best times for me this summer was just sitting in the backyard with Sack and my father drinking a glass

of water and having a cigar while we were talking about bullshit.

We had our own 3 man club. Doesn't matter the size its the company.

Comfortable enviroment to begin. Being able to have cigar lockers is a huge plus in my book. An LCD and a poker table to provide entertainment would be nice. As far a drinks go, soda machine and coffee are probably the way to go. Good Luck !

Clean air, clean ash tray, televisions, tables and chairs.

Stay away from selling food or anything else. It leads to much more headache and hassle and can get complicated if you are in an area that faces a smoking ban.

Clean air, clean ash tray, televisions, tables and chairs.

Stay away from selling food or anything else. It leads to much more headache and hassle and can get complicated if you are in an area that faces a smoking ban.

We already have a smoking ban.

LCD TV's, comfy chairs, clean ashtrays, and beverages (Doesn't have to be alcoholic). I think lockers are a nice touch too. Basically just a place you can sit back and enjoy the company of fellow BOTL's.

I think the company and the environment are the most important, bigscreens and comfy chairs second, and lockers last.

As far as drinks are concerned, having a fridge or two and maybe a fountain machine would probably be sufficient, anything more than that would just cause issues.

Along with everything that's been said, gotta have magazines. Guns, cars, golf, women, sports, etc.

We've got a 6 man group that meets once a month and we rotate hosting. Everyone chips in for steaks or shrimp or something for the grill, and we bring our own smokes and beverages. It's a way for us to smoke with friends and we also go in together on group cigar orders, which cuts cost and allows for variety. We couldn't be happier.

HDTV(gotta be 1080p of course), comfy chairs, clean air, nice and cool in summer and warm in the winter, drinks, clean ashtrays, tables for various things like eating and poker, and a fridge to keep your stuff you bring in in.

TVs, pleanty of seating, comfortable air quality, cigars, beer and wine, lockers, dominos tables

Honestly my favorite would be a place that is not too upscale. lol. I know it sounds dumb, but I just want a place to kick back more. Nice chairs, a TV, clean ashtrays, good company, a fridge for the extra beer and stuff, and maybe a locker. :) On the extras side maybe a pool table and a poker table and I am totally hooked and will move in!

Don

I agree with you.

Clean air, nice TV, nice chair, ashtrays, honor system soft drinks/mixers/coffee, and a locker would suit me well.

Any more than that would strike me as a club that I could smoke cigars at, and not a cigar club, if that makes any sense.

Back when I was in South Bend, I loved going to Club Lasalle - we even showed up to watch the primaries. Not sure if there's anything like that in suburban Philly. I'd certainly go if there was.

If Iam paying a membership I expect a nice clean place with:

- nice comfy leather chairs and or couches
- a nice TV with sports packages
- wifi
- a fridge and bar serving supplies for BYOB and booze
- poker tables and chairs
- dart board
- pool table (maybe)
- lockers (that work)

I could think of more but thats a good start

I agree with you both!

The chairs don't have to be fancy, but they do need to be comfortable. Good ventilation, (under the member's control), is important but I would be willing to empty my own ashtray. (Especially if they were lovely wooden ones!) ;) Honors system soft drinks & coffee is a necessity. Personally, I consider a locker a big plus, just so I could leave stuff without having to haul it in and out. In-house food service and / or alcohol license is going to increase the membership cost beyond my budget. We can have food brought in if we are hungry.

Good luck! (I know of some available space not too far from my house if you are looking!)

I agree with you.

gallery_998_773_23740.jpg