• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whatcha gonna smoke tomorrow?

ALostTexan said:
Actually, I heard some info on this. If there is a tie, then the Congress will decide who the president will be, and therefore we can assume that Bush will win it as there is a Republican majority in the House. But, the Senate will decide the Vice President, and it can be assumed that Edwards will be selected the Vice President with the Democratic majority in the Senate. Therefore, we could actually see President Bush and Vice President Edwards in the end. You think there will be any gridlock if that happens?

I also heard that there is only about a 3.5% chance in a tie occuring, with the current states that are considered "swing" states, throwing out the obvious Mass and Texas and other states.

Very interesting situation to watch over the next few weeks, as I am sure it will take alot of time for this to be decided.

For what it's worth, if Bush is elected in the end, I will be smoking a Camacho with the Texas Flag on the band that I picked up in a box pass. I haven't seen one like it, and I have been holding it for the election.

ALostTexan
What Democratic majority in the Senate? The Republicans have a majority in the US Senate which they will increase this year.

coventrycat86 said:
It's not going to be along night, it will all be over when the "key precincts" in Ohio and Florida report their results.
What's an 'along night'?

Who are you, and what have you done with the real Bill?!!

This is taken from the LATimes.com site…..

If the electoral college vote is tied it will go to the House of Representatives in Jan of 05 after all the newly elected representatives are sworn in. Each state delegation gets one vote. Republicans hold 30 state delegations and Democrats 15. Four are tied. Vermont’s single seat is held by an independent.

Unless the Composition of the house changes considerably a tie makes Bush the likely winner.

Also in a tie the Vice President would be decided by a majority vote of the senate.

[/QUOTE] (other1)
If the wrong guy wins you can send that Estupendos to me. :D [/QUOTE]

Now I really hope my candidate wins... :D