• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats a good brand I probably haven't had?

other1

Cigarpassaholic. Mmm.. cigarpassahol.
We all know about Cohibas and Montes and RyJ and HdM...

What about Diplimaticos, Quintero, SCDLH, ERDM, Belinda, etc. etc... Are any of these less prominent brands hidden gems that I should seek out?

Of course.. you should try them all. Each and every brand has a different characteristic. The smaller ring gauge Rey del Mundos should be at the top of the list, IMHO.

Choix Supreme :thumbs: :p :D That is a dang good smoke.

You should also make a point to try the San Cristibol brand. :thumbs:

The Diplomaticos are great cigar.....somewhat in the same field as the Monte 2 imo.
Also you sould try the RASS Ramon Allones Specially Selected, very tasty cigar :) .

Don't miss Sancho Panza. The Belis, Non Plus, Coronas and Sanchos are all favorites.

other1 said:
We all know about Cohibas and Montes and RyJ and HdM...

What about Diplimaticos, Quintero, SCDLH, ERDM, Belinda, etc. etc... Are any of these less prominent brands hidden gems that I should seek out?
All good choices. Try the Diplo #2, compares very nice to the Monte #2.

Quinteros

I LOVE 'em ;)

BUT, this is only because I love STRONG ceegars.

Matt has the best advice, try 'em ALL ;)

I can say "Quinteros" but you may hate them. For instance, I know I am not at all fond of ERDM's because they are too mild for me.

Oh here's another one for you:

Quai d' Orsay

Now, didn't I just get done saying I like STRONG ceegars? Well, Qd'O's are about as mild as you can get BUT, they have a very nice flavor profile that I enjoy very much. Again, you may think they're terrible but I love 'em :)

Oh and I see you also mentioned my favorite Havana (well right now anyway):

San Cristobal de la Habana

I cannot get enough of these. To me, they have a very distinctive "peppery" flavor to them that I think is unlike any other Havana I've ever smoked. They don't offer a whole lot of different sizes BUT their "Minuto" (El Principe) is IMHO the BEST minuto going. Their El Morro ( 7 1/4 x 49) is a unique size only to SCDLH, kind of a cross between a "Prominente" (7 5/8 x 49) and a "Julieta" or more commonly known as a Churchill (7 x 47). I prefer a 49 ring over a 47 for a large cigar and the shorter length makes is less of a "big" cigar to tackle which is why many folks avoid the Prominentes. The La Fuerza is a "Robusto" ( 4 7/8 x 50) and their La Punta is their "Campana" or belicoso size (same as a BBF). I would highly recommend ANY SCDLH anytime. They just launched a special San Cristobal Humidor with three new sizes:
Muralla (7 x 54)
Mercaderes (6 1/2 x 48)
Oficios (5 1/4 x 43)
Which are all vitolas unique to San Cristobal only (as far as I can tell)
I hope they will all be available soon :)

HGBC I had these (SC, Qd'O & Quintero) for the first three months ;)

This is a new brand right? I've never actually seen one or seen one available.

SMOKOZUNA said:
Am I the only one here that likes Guantenamara's? :(
I've been wanting to try those sometime, the look very interesting ;)

(Hint, hint Dino :p ) If you bring some to the next LI Herf, I'll trade ya ;)

other1 said:
This is a new brand right? I've never actually seen one or seen one available.
MRN sez 2002.

I would guess a google search would tell you where to find 'em ;)

But don't spell it the way Dino did :p Spell it like this:

Guantanamera

Awwwwww Dino, ya got me all excited only to burst my bubble :p

Well I still say ANY Havana, even a machine made with tobacco from a non-traditional area of that famous island would beat just about anything else ;)

I'd still like to give 'em a try sometime...........

Cuaba, Cuaba, Cuaba!!!

Have only had 2 sizes so far, but they have both been impressive. Like the SCDLH, they have their own profile that is distinctive and unlike many others.

But, come to think of it, ALL the Cuban brands have their own profiles, so like Matt said, just keep trying 'em. Flavor-wise, none of them have disappointed me.

Well, the Punch line doesn't really float my boat, but take into account a true Cuban newbie is writing this. ;)

psyktek said:
Cuaba, Cuaba, Cuaba!!!

Have only had 2 sizes so far, but they have both been impressive. Like the SCDLH, they have their own profile that is distinctive and unlike many others.

But, come to think of it, ALL the Cuban brands have their own profiles, so like Matt said, just keep trying 'em. Flavor-wise, none of them have disappointed me.

Well, the Punch line doesn't really float my boat, but take into account a true Cuban newbie is writing this. ;)
Treamayne was nice enough to give me one of these while in MI two weeks ago, it looks like a great stick, but I think I'm gonna age it for quite some time. Give me something to look forward to a year from now! :D

JV

I agree w/psyktek about the Cuaba's. I had a Diadema which is like a Monte A in size. Right now it is the best Cuban cigar I've ever had. If you can get your hands on a Cuaba go for it! Like any other thing though is to try as many different Cubans you can get to determine what your own personal humidor favorites are as well as to pass that information on to the rest of us. Good Luck!

The San Cristobal line is excellent, with the possible exception of the La Punta. Many swear by the La Punta; others, like me, swear about it. But then I have only smoked one, and I think it might have been a fake.

To me the Fonseca #1 is one of the best value Cuban cigars out there.

I have Diplomaticos 4 and 2 and to me they are a good cigar if you like Montes. As was mentioned above they have the same IMHO flavor profile as Montes.
The Diplomaticos are great cigar.....somewhat in the same field as the Monte 2 imo.

IMHO. Also, something different is an odd shaped cigar the LGC Medaille D'or #3 is a good cigar if you can find it and want to have a thin panetella. The Tainos are also good.