• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's a good drink with a cigar?

I think green tea goes well with a mild to medium cigar.

I read an article once, stating that the cuban QA test smokers drank tea while smoking production samples.

I also read about a collector of Habanos who said he enjoyed Coca Cola best with his cigars.

I will drink Tea, Water, and coffee. Sometimes Scotch or Rum.

If I'm not drinking with a cigar, I'll have water, seltzer, coffee, or ginger ale.

Water, coke, chai iced tea,cream soda,coffee to name a few, usually its water unless I feel the Nic kicking in.

I found this in China Town here in Seattle and well this drink is fun to prepare and tastes amazing. They have flavors that range from traditional fruit like Strawberry, Watermelon, Kiwi, and they even have some flavors that require an open mind and pallet like the "Lychee" which is very flowery and aromatic.

WOW I must be getting tired lol I forgot the link all together...Japanese Soda " Ramune "

I used to pair cranberry juice with a cigar, that always worked out nice... Or a Shirley Temple. :whistling:

Or you can be a real man and try a flowery and aromatic frosty mug of Shakespeare Stout and be done with it! Put some hair of your chest and pour three fingers of scotch, no ice dammit.

Usually if I don't feel like drinking alcohol, I'll have either Gatorade or some sort of flavored seltzer water.

Since it hasn't been mentioned, I really enjoy fresh squeezed lemonade or limeade paired with a natural wrapper. Make sure to grate a little zest from the peel & get as much of the pulp from the fruit into the pitcher as you can to give it some "tooth". Drop a maraschino cherry in the glass & top with mint leaves. IMO, the best summer drink this side of a margarita.

Coke is the usual drink, however, as it is always on hand.

IMHO sweet tea is where its at my friend. Id chose a sweet tea over anything with a cigar, its got the sugar to knock off any buzz if your newer to smoking, and it always seems to clear the palate if you need to. If your not into sweet tea, ice cold H2O. I never smoke with carbonated anything because I just feel like it messes with my palate and takes away from the taste of the stick Im smoking. But hey, just my .02. Try a little bit of everything, everyone has their own preferences, its just up to you to figure out your own.

Happy smoking!

While smoking a good cigar, I prefer drinking a sparkling apple juice, sometimes just water. :)

I don't always drink root beer... but when I do I prefer IBC! Stay thirsty my friends.

I usually drink coffee or water. I have also found peach tea Snapple to go great with some cigars.

My faves include seltzer, coffee (hot or iced), espresso (hot or iced), iced tea (preferably unsweetened green), or a diet coke - preferably from a fountain with lots of ice. The choice can vary depending on mood and what cigar I'm enjoying.

I tend to drink DD Iced Coffee and I even like V-8 juice.

For the under 21 crowd, I think Coca Cola is a great match...but you can't go wrong with H2O either...

Macallan 18 and up and yes Louie XIII which I usually only have in Vegas at the Casa Fuente bar.

Can't go wrong with a good cup of coffee, whether from a drip machine, French press, or espresso.

But if you're smoking in the evening and don't want to be kept awake, obviously water and sparkling waters like San Pellegrino are very good.

I always thought ginger ale complimented Cameroon wrapped cigars pretty well. Oh man, ginger beer! Had a few that ranged pretty well in the ginger content...some of the Jamaican ones are damn near painful to drink, so much ginger!

I started smoking cigars when I was about 19 or 20, so I've been in your boat before. The pairing opinions open up considerably once you're of legal drinking age, though. :sign: