• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats in your glass right now? 2013

On the 19th hole yesterday Talisker 18 & Lagavulin 16 paired with a BBMF Maduro. Terrific day! 

I splurged a bit recently.  I just finished my Master's project paper draft so I bought a bottle of Laubade XO Armagnac and a bottle of Germain Robin Craft Method Brandy.  For when I finally graduate?  I bought the last bottle of Maison Surrenne Heritage 1875 cognac from Caddell & Williams.  Can't wait to try that.

Zealot cherish the Talisker 18 you have they are so rare and delicious...

Jamie the Chateau Laubade is an incredible armagnac. Try heating it up before trying it.

For my part I drank a Laphroaig 12 (1 of 387) Douglas Laing. Wow ... Simply wow. At 50% it is smooth and easy to drink.. Got to get more.

Havana Club Anejo 7 years and Brugal Extra Viejo

Came up with a new concoction. Gotta say I'm really liking it.  Essentially, Its a bastardized Manhattan.  

I muddle some orange mint leaves (my wife planted these in the garden and I was on a mission to find a cocktail to put them in, I think I found it :thumbs: ) add 3oz of Woodford Reserve, .75oz Gran Gala 5-6 drops of Orange bitters put in a cocktail shaker, and pour.  This is great as a stand alone Manhattan though lately I have been putting this in a pint glass 3/4 full of ice and adding an ounce or two of Club Soda, garnish with a mint leave and enjoy.  The Club Soda allows you to keep the majority of the flavor but makes it a really refreshing summer drink.    

Four Roses LE 2011.  Really an excellent pour.  During my BTAC and PV frenzy I missed out on the 2012.  I gotta remember to try to grab one this time around.  

Berneroy XO calvados.  $30 at Total Wine.  Not bad for an approx. 25 year old spirit.  I've tasted different calvados in the $200-$300 range.  This isn't in that category, however, you can't go wrong for the price and age.

Jamie76 said:
Berneroy XO calvados.  $30 at Total Wine.  Not bad for an approx. 25 year old spirit.  I've tasted different calvados in the $200-$300 range.  This isn't in that category, however, you can't go wrong for the price and age.
Would this be cognac?

carddoug said:

Would this be cognac?

No, calvados is a brandy made from generally certain types of cider variety apples.

I was Very lucky to assist in finishing a bottle of Dalmore "1263 King Alexander III" Scotch.

Vicster said:
I was Very lucky to assist in finishing a bottle of Dalmore "1263 King Alexander III" Scotch.
I am thinking about buying a bottle of this on Friday. I found it for $189.99. I'm guessing you liked it by your comments?

sigar_zealot said:

I am thinking about buying a bottle of this on Friday. I found it for $189.99. I'm guessing you liked it by your comments?

Yes, I thought it was very good.

Thanks. I bought one but not sure when I will get around to opening the bottle.

Just popped the cork on an Elijah Craig Barrel Proof.  I believe this is batch #1 at 134.2 proof.  This is a GREAT bourbon and a fairly unprecedented buy at $39.99.  I only bought 1 bottle and now they are all gone.  Wishing I bough more, if you see this definitely jump on it!