• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats in your glass right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently having a Crown and Coke while watching the Sony Open in Hawaii.

Johnnie Walker Double Black.

What are your thoughts?

Double Black is sweeter than I would have guessed. The smokiness everyone talks about isn't over the top. It has a nice oily quality in your mouth. From what people had told me I was expecting more smoke and peat. While I am enjoying my bottle at $15 more than the standard Black I'm in no hurry to buy another one. YMMV.

$15 more? The list is only $10 more and I find it for $5 more on the shelf in some places.

$15 more? The list is only $10 more and I find it for $5 more on the shelf in some places.

Johnnie Black is around $25 in Arizona, Double Black is $39.99. Double Black started at $50 here.

Edited to add: Feel free to add you own thoughts on JWDB and how it compares to the regular Black Label.

Johnnie Black is around $25 in Arizona, Double Black is $39.99. Double Black started at $50 here.

Edited to add: Feel free to add you own thoughts on JWDB and how it compares to the regular Black Label.

Kind of what I figured. Thats why, even though it interests me, I keep passing it over. Plus, I figure I will run across it at a friends house soon enough and be able to give it a go. FWIW it is $33 vs $39 here. I usally buy the 1.75l black when it is on sale and it usually runs @ $55-60, a much better value than the 750ml.

Vodka martini. Very dry. Stirred, not shaken

Doc

Had a laphroaig 10yrs: better than the quater cask but not on the same lvl as the 15 of 18 yrs

Vodka and lime juice, drink of choice.

I revisited a MacMyra small batch bottled in 2009 (sweedish whisky) that I had laying at the bottom of the liquor cabinet.

I forgot how good it was !

Status
Not open for further replies.