• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PA, Cairo, and Old Gowrie.

Doc.

Old Gowrie is very good tobacco. I have had several bowls and they've all been excellent. It is pretty strong on the nicotine for me, though.

I just finished a bowl of Haunted Bookshop. Never disappoints me.

A buddy turned me on to C&D Night Train. It has a sweet and sour taste that I always like in cigars and it's good in a pipe, too. The sweet is a caramel with a hint of vanilla.

Prince Albert Cherry Vanilla :D But I just bought my first pipe and am trying to learn how to pack it and see if I like it. I like the feel of it so far, but I'm only one bowl in.

Just wait until you try some of the great tobaccos out there! I always just bought stuff at the B&M like Borkum Riff, Cap'n Black, etc. But it was eye opening trying all the stuff recommended here in this forum. I'm hooked!! :D Now I have to get a decent pipe, too. ;)

Pulled out an old tin of Presbyterian Mixture, packed a bowl into my Boswell 10 gauge. Been a while since I'd smoked this blend. It has aged well. Very clean, and flavorful.

IMG_0891.JPG

Had a bowl of Christmas Cookie this morning. First pipe action in probably 5 months.

Smoked a couple bowls of the old drug store blend Kentucky Club Continental. It burned well, tasted pretty good and had a nice aroma.

I compared St James Woods to St James Flake. Both VaPers but not the same, of course. The SG was a softer, finer flake and burned, packed, and tasted differently. I preferred it to the McClelland but liked them both.

I smoked some haunted bookshop yesterday for the first time. It was great! I am not that great at describing what I taste, but I’ll give it my best shot:

It seems like this is a very complex blend. All of the different leafs seem to be integrated with each other very well. Almost as if I am tasting each flavor all at once, instead of bursts of different tastes (not sure if that makes sense). It is a fairly intense smoke, I had to make sure I wasn’t over-puffing on it, and letting it burn too hot.

Overall, I am glad I bought an 8oz tin!

I smoked some haunted bookshop yesterday for the first time. It was great! I am not that great at describing what I taste, but I'll give it my best shot:

It seems like this is a very complex blend. All of the different leafs seem to be integrated with each other very well. Almost as if I am tasting each flavor all at once, instead of bursts of different tastes (not sure if that makes sense). It is a fairly intense smoke, I had to make sure I wasn't over-puffing on it, and letting it burn too hot.

Overall, I am glad I bought an 8oz tin!
It is much more complex than many give it credit for being. I really enjoy Haunted Bookshop, but if you smoke it too fast it tastes like cigarettes (common occurrence for me with burley blends). I also like my burley blends to be a good bit drier than most other blends.

I had a bowl of Boswell's Sweet Tea last night. I like this blend more each time I smoke. The light citrus notes in this tobacco make it really great. I may need to get some more of this blend. :)

Had some Penzance in my brand new Boswell last night. Fantastic, both the bakky and the pipe!

The only VA/per I seem to like, Kajun Kake in a fairly new Zenith ceramic pipe.

I bought the pipe at a tobacco store for $25. On the front of the bowl they glazed this quote..... "A gift for the U.S. Tobacconist to experience the cool, dry smoke you get from my double-walled Zenith pipes." Then it has the makers signature under that. Meanwhile, it smokes like the quote says's.

I bought the pipe at a tobacco store for $25. On the front of the bowl they glazed this quote..... "A gift for the U.S. Tobacconist to experience the cool, dry smoke you get from my double-walled Zenith pipes." Then it has the makers signature under that. Meanwhile, it smokes like the quote says's.

That pipe sounds interesting. Got any pics?

Too damn windy for a pipe today...

That pipe sounds interesting. Got any pics?

Too damn windy for a pipe today...

I'll have to take a better picture, but here's a shot of my cabinet with pipes (last white pipe on top shelf). You can get the basic idea. I did a search for Zenith, but can't find too much about it. LINK to my Gallery

BTW: Today I smoked some Rattray's Red Rapparee. A great tobacco with a very cigaresque profile to it. I'm glad I bought 100g tin. I could smoke this everyday.

had a variety this past weekend:

squadron leader

westminster

penzance

boswell's maple leaf

bishop burley (bulk from edward's pipe store here in Denver)

*edit for typo

had a variety this past weekend:

squadron leader

westminster

penzance

boswell's maple leaf

bishop burley (bulk from edward's pipe store here in Denver)

*edit for typo

Josh hooked me up with a few nice samples this weekend from his latest score. The Westminster is awesome, looking forward to the Squadron Leader tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.