• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just put a match to some PS Luxury Navy Flake in a Bjarne to keep me company while I wait for the charcoal to get hot on this beautiful spring
afternoon.

Two years ago I jarred a mixture of '99 McConnell Red VA with McConnell perique to make my own VaPer. I pressed it into the bottom of a wide mouth pint Ball jar to better mix flavors. Today I cracked it and packed the Hardcastle Royal Bruyere. It turned out fantastic! :thumbs:

Two years ago I jarred a mixture of '99 McConnell Red VA with McConnell perique to make my own VaPer. I pressed it into the bottom of a wide mouth pint Ball jar to better mix flavors. Today I cracked it and packed the Hardcastle Royal Bruyere. It turned out fantastic! :thumbs:

Thank sounds fantastic.

Greeting guys, new to CP here. Just finished up a bowl of GL Pease Charing Cross in my Erik Nording Signature rustic Freehand. Love that pipe and I'm really digging the Charing Cross.

Finally got my hands on some Jackknife Plug. Not entirely what I was expecting, but certainly not bad. I'll have to make my way through the rest of the tin before I decide where on the shelf this one belongs.

Cracked some '09 McClelland Beacon and packed the GBD Brunette. Another wonderful VaPer but not much different than bulk McC Vaper.

Very tasty, though. :thumbs:

New to all this but I was gifted a couple different tobaccos to try, along with the cob pipe. They are probably what you would call custom blends but they are as follows:

Arrowhead - A blend of Burley, Virginia and World famous Green River Black Cavendish, Virginia Flake, Perique And Latakia Expertly Blended for the utmost taste then topped with a secret vanilla flavoring recipe to achieve outstanding flavor. Mild is but satisfying.

Post Office - This blend has just the right proportion of Golden Virginia and Burleys, with Toasted Cavendish tobaccos is similar to Captain Black.

I would have to say that I like the Arrowhead a little better but they are both pretty similiar to me. If the rain holds out and it doesn't get too cold again tonight, I may fire up some Arrowhead. I really need to find another pipe and pickup some tins of new stuff to try though!

I wonder why they would add a vanilla flavoring to a blend with latakia and perique? ???

Just finished off some 8 year old Escudo. :love:

I wonder why they would add a vanilla flavoring to a blend with latakia and perique? ???

Good question I suppose. If I ever make it up to the place where he gets it, I will try and remember to ask. The rain didn't hold out for me, unfortunately. May try again tonight or at lunch. Weather been pretty spotty lately.

Deer Tongue? Still, an eclectic mix. ???

Nice! Old VaPers are the best.:thumbs:

Last night was beautiful! Sat on the porch with some '99 McC #24

I suppose its not for the benefit of the smoker, but for the those around him.

I've added latakia to a couple of vanilla aros and the resulting room note was far more unpleasant than I could imagine.

I am assuming by room note you mean aroma or smell? lol...though not as elegantly put. At any rate, it actually isn't unpleasant to smell. So I could only guess that if the two combined typically doesn't have the same unpleasantness, then there must be only a small amount of either added.

That said, what the hell do I know lol, I'll have to pick up some different stuff if just for comparisions sake!

Yup, room note refers to the smell of the smoke in the room. Get your hands on some VaPer - you won't be disappointed. One of my favorites is Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Navy Flake. It's readily available and its pretty cheap.

I last smoked a little bowl of Margate, in a bit of an English sort of mood lately.

I just smoked some "post office" tonight. While similar to the Arrowhead, I am unsure if its just my newbness in the difference or what, but I enjoyed it more than before. I think I smoked 3 bowls...my first 3 of the post office. Then I think I am up to 4 or maybe 5 of the arrowhead. Probably 4, lol. My latest, just tonight was the post office, which was after abowl of arrowhead at lunch.

I am not disappointed by any means, other than I need to wait until payday to pick up something new to expand the horizons. I am becoming torn between my cigars and the pipe though. This weather, being so damn rainy and so damn often, is easily making the pipe a go to over cigars. For whatever reason, I feel more comfortable with the pipe, on the the front porch, watching the sun of the day fade away...at least for right now anyways. Though I should say the cloud of the day....i'm well over this rain...I will opt for 100 degree 100% humidity over this rain at this point...bring it! lol!

A little C&D Founding Fathers in a cob before folks started rolling in for the BBQ this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.