• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight was a bowl of C&D Burley Flake #3. Love the flavor of that blend, and the strength doesn't let you forget it easily.

Had some Frog Morton today. When I first bought it I thought I had made a big mistake(and wasted $14). But after the first bowl, I have been a fan ever since. This was my introduction to a non armoatic.

Last night I had my first bowl of Christmas Cookie, verrry nice. Got a whole punch of Boswell's to try, I think Berry Cobbler is on tap for tonight.

Smoking a little Jackknife Plug in a bent Viking on this beautiful evening. Anyone waiting to try this one should take the plunge. This is a really enjoyable smoke.

Margate in an Aldo Verlani bent dublin. This is the first English blend I have smoked in this pipe and its the first time I have really enjoyed the pipe. Go figure.

Started the morning with some Dunhill Early Morning Blend. I ended up sticking with it all day.

Been working my way through an old tin of Blackwoods flake that I have ignored for the better part of a year now. It sure is a darn fine smoke.

A little Pete in a little Pete. Some Old Dublin in an old bulldog. A lovely way to end the work day and begin the work evening...

So I am new to the site, forums, and Pipe smoking. So don't be too harsh. But I have been smoking Red Cap in a Corn Cob.

Just getting started and it is cheap, any reccommendations that are better and are good on a budget?

Nothing to be embarrassed about. Cob is a great smoke, I have briars that cost hundreds of dollars and I still smoke a cob regularly. I have never had Red Cap, but I googled it and it seems to be an aromatic Virginia. If that is too your liking I would suggest you look for Virginia/ Perique Va/Per blends. I would peruse the Cornell and Diehl and GL Pease lines over at SmokingPipes.com. Both offer a good variety of quality tobaccos at reasonable prices. Once you narrow down some choices you should read some of the reviews at tobaccoreviews.com (though keep in mind that one man's garbage is another man's gold). I would recommend you get your hands on a Va or VaPer blend and a classic English blend and go from there.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. Cob is a great smoke, I have briars that cost hundreds of dollars and I still smoke a cob regularly. I have never had Red Cap, but I googled it and it seems to be an aromatic Virginia. If that is too your liking I would suggest you look for Virginia/ Perique Va/Per blends. I would peruse the Cornell and Diehl and GL Pease lines over at SmokingPipes.com. Both offer a good variety of quality tobaccos at reasonable prices. Once you narrow down some choices you should read some of the reviews at tobaccoreviews.com (though keep in mind that one man's garbage is another man's gold). I would recommend you get your hands on a Va or VaPer blend and a classic English blend and go from there.

Thanks.

So, Red Cap is not a favorite at all. Gave it a shot and decided the aftertaste is awful, tastes and smeels horrible,like a cig.

Well I'm smoking some Captain Black in an old Falcon right now. You might want to pick yourself up a pouch and give it a try. Its readily available and pretty cheap. Many a pipe smoker got his start with good ole CB and some of us still smoke it from time to time. Though you may be better off just starting with one of the big boys. Peterson's Old Dublin is some of my all time favorites.

Thanks, Picked some up yesterday...Gold Pouch, much better. I just don't understand why the reviews were so bad.

That's a perfect example of why I don't put too much credence into the reviews. I have never smoked Gold myself, but I believe that it is Lane's 1-Q which, if I'm not mistaken, is still the number one selling bulk tobacco (usually sold as a B&M house blend). It's always been cool to bash on drug store blends to show how superior the particular reviewer's tastes are, but when it comes down to it, I think Captain Black and Carter Hall are two of the best tobaccos out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.