• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather has turned and the pipe is king. :thumbs:

'03 St James Woods in my Stanwell Danish Reserve

A nice big bowl of Frog Morton cellar! Smoked in my peder jepeson paneled volcano. Not sure what I like more the tobacco or the pipe.

Peder did a one off on the pipe from a description I gave him. That man is a great pipe maker. And he doesn't charge an arm and a leg for a great pipe.

Well it wasn't today, but with Sandy in town I finally had a minute to sit and smoke (actually had a whole bunch of minutes because I couldn't leave the house for two days). I dipped into the very generous sample of Tuskegee Airmen that Chris was kind enough to send me.

I was impressed with the consistency. It wasn't as dense as the GLP plugs and nowhere near the chunks of rock that come from overseas, but at the same time it was not a crumble cake like you see from H&H. Too soft to cube, but perfect to just punch and rub out.

I was also impressed with the blend itself. I am a big fan of C&D blends, but I find that, when it comes to their English blends they are either very strong (ie Start of the East) or very mild (ie Elegant Emu). I like both, but, to me, they aren't true English blends. This was a true English blend. The Latakia was a present, but it was a supporting player rather than the dominant flavor. The Virginia added a bit of sweetness, but again in the background. I found the Turkish and Perique to take center stage in a very nice way.

All in all I really liked this one. I may just have to order a few 8 oz tins for a rainy day.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it as much as I did! I'm really thankful that C&D had so many samples available at the Columbus show, or my friend and I would have never known about this one. I was worried to this was going to be a brick, but was surprised at the consistency when we got a sample. I just had a bowl tonight as well, and will be ordering up some more soon!

Had some SG Squadron Leader in my bent Molina. Had a good flavor and aroma, but had trouble keeping it lit.

Seemed a little moist out of the tin. Will have to let it sit out for a little while before next bowl.

Currently enjoying a relaxing bowl of Davidoff Limited Reserve Sweet Mixture No. 3. Very enjoyable smoke. Mild-med.

Been working on some Westminster, Sextant, and a new tin of Fusiliers Ration the last week or so. Great smokes.

I dug into my "deep" cellar last night. I depend upon my poor memory to make it a complete surprise every time I look there. :p

This time it was some '08 FVF that I had forgotten. It sure smelled great and tasted even better!

Recently I have been working on a tin of Haddo's Delight and occasionally dipping into a jar of Margate.

It was 78 here yesterday, so I had to give the pipe some rest and smoke a cigar. I might dip into some Old Gowrie or Maybe some Macbaren Dark Twist if it dries out.

Been in a bit of a Latakia sort of mood lately. Lots of Westminster, Margate and little Low Country Cooper thrown in for fun. Also been making a dent in a tin of 2012 Christmas Cheer - I think I like this one better than last years, which had been my favorite.

Smoked some budget brand blend (don't remember the name) in my Bjarne to keep breaking it in. Then added some Peterson Christmas blend from '10 to it and smoked it in one of my other pipes. I forgot how nice the Christmas blend is.

Had some Three Blind Moose from 4Noggins in my rusticated bent Molina nice and smooth with no bite.

Currently enjoying a bowl of McClelland Christmas Cheer 2012. Very enjoyable.

Cracked this beauty open late last night with my buddy while we were I'm his garage working on pipes. Very tasty!! Hoping to have my first pipe finished by tonight!
3nuns.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.