• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to trying the FM Cellar that was gifted to me by Dave (Pipe Smoker) in October. I misplaced it with all the holiday hub bub.

But anyway, it tastes similar to other FM's I have had but a little stronger and heavier than the original FM. It also left a more distinct after taste as well.

Going to try another bowl before I make my final decision on this one.

Dave, thanks again for the sample.

I found an old jar in the back of my cabinet the other day marked "Virginia, 20002" with no other info. It's not in my database and I can't remember where I got it.

Anyway, cracked it open and I've been smoking on it for the last 3 days. This is quite possibly the BEST Virginia blend I've ever smoked. The despair of not knowing exactly what it is or where I got it (or could get more) is completely displaced by the pleasure it brings to the senses.

I found an old jar in the back of my cabinet the other day marked "Virginia, 20002" with no other info. It's not in my database and I can't remember where I got it.

Anyway, cracked it open and I've been smoking on it for the last 3 days. This is quite possibly the BEST Virginia blend I've ever smoked. The despair of not knowing exactly what it is or where I got it (or could get more) is completely displaced by the pleasure it brings to the senses.

Dang, that is interesting. My mind starts wondering how much a factor was the tobacco, conditions, the torque you applied to the lid when sealing, the geodetic magnetic coordinates and the Mayan Cycle event (well, the word really did end, but the government has covered it up).

Kidding aside, yeah, the pleasure derived can certainly lessen the sting of being able to reproduce. But, knowing myself, I would still be a little obsessed trying to figure it out! Ha!

Smoking Mississippi River all day in some Boswell pipes.

Dang, that is interesting. My mind starts wondering how much a factor was the tobacco, conditions, the torque you applied to the lid when sealing, the geodetic magnetic coordinates and the Mayan Cycle event (well, the word really did end, but the government has covered it up).

Kidding aside, yeah, the pleasure derived can certainly lessen the sting of being able to reproduce. But, knowing myself, I would still be a little obsessed trying to figure it out! Ha!

Smoking Mississippi River all day in some Boswell pipes.

:laugh: :laugh:

If the Mayans had anything to do with this particular blend, may the aliens that destroyed their mighty empire find their way straight to the middle of the sun. **ptooey**

Last couple of days I've had several amazing tobaccos. A special thanks to B.HOBS for a wonderful sampler of tobacco.

McClelland Holdiay Spirit 2011
Boswell's Christmas Cookie
Dunhill Nightcap 2008

Just had some Three Blind Moose from 4 noggins. It's an aro with a very good flavorful taste.

Will definietely be adding more of this to the cellar.

Been smoking alot of McClelland 5100 Red Cake lately. I've spiced it up sometimes with latakia, perique, and cigar leaf. Great all by its lonesome self, though!

Past couple days I've been puffing on these blends:
Peterson Holiday Blend 2011
GLP Cairo
SG Firedamce Flake
MacBaren HH Mature VA

St. James flake for the past two or three days. Also, a little 2011 Christmas Cheer.

Having a bowl of Stokkebye's 4th Generation 1855 (ready rubbed VA flake) in the rusticated bent brandy/billiard my friend made for me. Very tasty blend! I received a sample in my P&C IPSD goodie bag and will definitely be picking up some to stash away. 40 degrees isn't so bad sitting in front of the fire pit :)

Finally got to try a tin of Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake. It's impressive, but I wasn't patient enough to let it dry out before smoking (if that's even a possibility here in MS)! 

Breaking in my Jody Davis Friar with some Lane BLWB
jodydavis.jpg

Chris, that is a beautiful pipe.

I have recently been working my way through a tin of Hal o the Wynd.

Pipe Smoker said:
Chris, that is a beautiful pipe.

I have recently been working my way through a tin of Hal o the Wynd.

Thank you sir! I saw it at the Columbus show last August and couldn't get it right then.  Thankfully Robert Lawing (Lawdog pipes) said to keep in touch with him and he would hang on to her for me.  After shuffling of some other pipes, I picked it up and couldn't be happier!  I'm in the process of trying to get some unsmoked pipes broken in while at the same time smoking through some of my open tins so I can start trying out the ton of single tins I've picked up.  I either need more hours in the day or the ability to smoke in my office.  Can I just retire and get a full time job trying pipe tobaccos? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.