• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your pipe today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local owner gave me a mixture he made up of the heads clipped from cigars that I believe he pressed, and then flavored with bacardi 151. The smell is enough to knock you on your ass, but once you get it going it's pretty damn good. I still need to work on my packing technique, I'm downright terrible at keeping a bowl going.

I tried two aromatics that I really like. :)

Nording Fox & Hound which I understand is discontinued, and Lane IQ. I smoked them both in the Stanwell Star after receiving a couple samples from a BOTL. The Lane was a burley/vanilla flavor and the Nording was a mixture of good va, condiments tobaccos and vanilla flavoring. Both had great flavor compared to other, similar aromatics I've tried.

I tried two aromatics that I really like. :)

Nording Fox & Hound which I understand is discontinued, and Lane IQ. I smoked them both in the Stanwell Star after receiving a couple samples from a BOTL. The Lane was a burley/vanilla flavor and the Nording was a mixture of good va, condiments tobaccos and vanilla flavoring. Both had great flavor compared to other, similar aromatics I've tried.

I really like the Fox & Hound also. Didn't know it was discontinued though :(

Do you mean Fox Hound? I enjoy it as well. I'm down to my last two tins. It was still available not long ago, but it isn't being made anymore. :(

Fox & Hound is one of the Altadis blends and as far as I know it's still widely available.

Do you mean Fox Hound? I enjoy it as well. I'm down to my last two tins. It was still available not long ago, but it isn't being made anymore. :(

Fox & Hound is one of the Altadis blends and as far as I know it's still widely available.
I got a sample in a baggie so it must be Fox Hound if it's Nording. I did try the Altadis in the free sample deal and didn't like any of their samples. Luckily, I found a home for them.

How confusing is that? Maybe that's why it was discontinued - lawsuit!!

Last night I packed my twin-bore Sav with C&D Opening Night. I didn't let it dry enough but still enjoyed it.

Saturday I had Boswell's Sweet Tea all day in a leather covered billiard. Sweet Tea again this morning in a Boswell freehand twist.

Tried some of the Boswell's Dutch Treat that Wolfie sent me. Very nice aromatic, smooth and rich. Flavors of oatmeal and cherry.

:thumbs:

Tried some of the Boswell's Dutch Treat that Wolfie sent me. Very nice aromatic, smooth and rich. Flavors of oatmeal and cherry.

:thumbs:
Sounds good! I haven't tried any Boswell blends yet.

I smoked a second bowl of Nording's Fox Hound and enjoyed it as much as the first. So I ordered a tin, of course. Also got around to smoking some Briar Fox, too. mmmm

Now that Stonehaven is back in stock in my cellar I've made it a Stonehaven day! First in a Savinelli Linea Piu billiard on the drive home from work and then in a vintage Dr. Grabow apple while walking the dogs. Very good stuff!

Now I'm getting the hang of pipe smoking and it's a LOT less frustrating. Yesterday I had a half bowl of Sugar Barrel and a half bowl of Grey Havens; both were great. Today I'm trying out a much drier Squadron Leader annnnnnnnnnnd I still taste an old lady's perfume. I'm guessing this one isn't for me.

Old Lady's perfume :D Smoking is subjective. I'm trying to picture an old lady wearing latakia perfume. ;)

I smoked three bowls yesterday - all in the Stanwell Danish Reserve.

G&H Rum Flake
McConnell Scottish Cake
McClelland Yenidje Supreme

All very different and all very enjoyable! Variety, baby!!

Steve

Just finished a bowl of Boswell's Christmas Cookie. Man this stuff is absolutely freakin' great!

I'm quickly becoming a major fan of the Boswell blends, thanks to Wolfie sending me a couple samples in addition to a couple others I had previously. They are flavorful, smell great to the nonsmoking public, and have no bite at all. They also smoke perfectly cool and leave no sludge in the pipe.

I will be calling Boswell's to order some of this along with the Dutch Treat, and probably a couple others. :thumbs:

(and just when I was starting to get away from the aromatics :laugh: )

Had a half bowl of EMP and then a half bowl of Evening Stroll. The EMP was pretty good, but the Evening Stroll had an amazing taste and smell.

GL Pease Chelsea Morning in a Dunhill Shell Briar Canadian ... first bowl of this blend and it's pretty good. I generally smoke EMP in this pipe so maybe I'm also tasting a ghost of that, but this stuff is very similar to EMP. Only it's a bit fuller.

Smoking some McClelland Nine 2 Five; watching the rain finally move out. Looks like it might be a nice day!

I tried some Christmas Cheer '09 before I jarred the rest of the tin. Sweet and flavorful in the Stanwell Reserve.

I'm watching my Eagles whup the Redskins with the DiMonte packed with Nording Foxhound. I did find tins of it at P&C.

Mac Plum cake.. Thoroughly enjoyed in a new Stanwell I picked up.. It had a nice fruity tone that was pleasant..

Conniston Cut Plug in a little Dr. Grabox I only use for that tobacco.

This after the Edge Missile after a light supper, I have a decent glow on right now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.