• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Duck breast sous vied, finished in my trusty cast iron skillet (to crisp the skin), with shallot and cherry, port reduction; served with duck fat roasted Brussels sprouts, mini potatoes, pearl onions, and carrots; and roasted peppers and garlic with thyme.

My immersion circulator has been the best kitchen tool I've ever bought!

15284799_10209898478955785_5447418059942359782_n.jpg

Duck breast sous vied, finished in my trusty cast iron skillet (to crisp the skin), with shallot and cherry, port reduction; served with duck fat roasted Brussels sprouts, mini potatoes, pearl onions, and carrots; and roasted peppers and garlic with thyme.

That's sexy!

Nice, that will be interesting to see how they turn out, in the BGE. Just warned, they won't last long, especially warm!

I have leftover brisket from yesterday, I'm sure that it will go perfect with this and some old style whole grain dijon mustard.

Looks sooo good. I purchased the Anova sous vide machine about 8 months ago and I have yet to use it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Looks sooo good. I purchased the Anova sous vide machine about 8 months ago and I have yet to use it. Thanks for the inspiration!

I bought a Sansaire based on a recommendation from my brother. My wife likes rare steak, and I finally was able to achieve perfect doneness when I cooked her a strip steak in the immersion circulator, finished by 90 seconds in the cast iron. Perfect steak! I have two racks of lamb in the freezer for Christmas dinner that will take a swim with the circulator.

I bought a Sansaire based on a recommendation from my brother. My wife likes rare steak, and I finally was able to achieve perfect doneness when I cooked her a strip steak in the immersion circulator, finished by 90 seconds in the cast iron. Perfect steak! I have two racks of lamb in the freezer for Christmas dinner that will take a swim with the circulator.

Nice! Share the pics. I won't be using mines for sure for Christmas dinner, the plan is to make a whole pig in La Caja China.

Took 2 dozen sausage and cheese kolaches, 1 dozen chocolate filled donuts, 1 dozen Bavarian cream filled donuts, and 1 dozen plain glazed donuts to the office this morning.

I think everyone is on the verge of a coma, now. :D

Took 2 dozen sausage and cheese kolaches, 1 dozen chocolate filled donuts, 1 dozen Bavarian cream filled donuts, and 1 dozen plain glazed donuts to the office this morning.

That's one way to slow things down at the office.

I'm making Pimento Cheese for lunch. Dinner will be Mafaldine with Bolognese.

If we worked in the same office I wouldn't know whether to thank you or hate you.

An absolutely gorgeous NY Strip. Grass fed, vacuumed sealed "Choice" which is better marbled than any Prime I've been able to find. 7 bucks for a 1 lb steak. Grading only goes so far. Side of NY Sharp White Cheddar Mac & Cheese. No rabbit food tonight, as my son requested. He Man dinner FTW!