• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

IMG_1345.JPG We had Blackened Catfish with Veracruz sauce and Yukon Gold Potatoes.

An absolutely gorgeous NY Strip. Grass fed, vacuumed sealed "Choice" which is better marbled than any Prime I've been able to find. 7 bucks for a 1 lb steak. Grading only goes so far. Side of NY Sharp White Cheddar Mac & Cheese. No rabbit food tonight, as my son requested. He Man dinner FTW!
I do love a well marbled steak.

Holiday potluck here at work. I made scrambled eggs with cheese and onions (an idea I ripped from Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles), and warmed up some store bought apple cinnamon pork sausages. This went along with bagels that a coworker brought. For lunch it looks like we're having ribs, ham, and homemade pumpkin pie. I'll be carb loading for sure today.

Wow, and you do some of the manual knot wrapping. Old school. When my mom and I make them we just fold over. Ain't nobody got time to tie all those tamales.

Got off of work early today and grabbed lunch and a couple pints with the guys from the office. We went to Yard House. Certainly not my first time there but it was my first time having their tacos. I got one blackened swordfish, one chicken tinga, and one "vampire taco". The cheapest one was just under $4 and the vampire taco was just under $7. That really is an obscene amount to charge for a taco but they were tasty. Not worth that kinda scratch, but tasty all the same.

Wow, and you do some of the manual knot wrapping. Old school. When my mom and I make them we just fold over. Ain't nobody got time to tie all those tamales.

Got off of work early today and grabbed lunch and a couple pints with the guys from the office. We went to Yard House. Certainly not my first time there but it was my first time having their tacos. I got one blackened swordfish, one chicken tinga, and one "vampire taco". The cheapest one was just under $4 and the vampire taco was just under $7. That really is an obscene amount to charge for a taco but they were tasty. Not worth that kinda scratch, but tasty all the same.
We have gentrified tacos in Denver also. The tie technique was handed down from my grandma. In fact, all the Mexican recipes I make, are typically all from my grandmother and mother's recipes. Old school. Except for Colorado style pork green chile. That recipe is my mother in law's but improved. She's even told me she likes my recipe better.

Made a mushroom & garlic frittata for breakfast---well, brunch, really---but will probably keep it light for dinner considering how much I'll be eating tomorrow. I'm thinking fried parsnips, salad, and pulled pork.

~Boar

Working on Christmas dinner this evening.
My part of the feast is savory butternut squash braised in brown butter, corn and wild rice casserole, Cajun fried turkey, smoked turkey (lovingly steeped in a secret brine, and smoked slowly over a mixture of cherry and hickory), bourbon pecan pie, and a few other goodies such as green olives mixed with cream cheese, smoked cheese (cheddar and mozzarella).
The thing I'm most looking forward to? Spending time on the porch with my father and son savoring a fine cigar and a glass of a great scotch.
Merry Christmas everyone!

Slowly getting in Gear. Cooking my Son's menu request (always the same)

Glazed Boar's Head Sweet Slice Ham
Hash Browns Casserole
Corn Bread
Lasagna

Merry Christmas to all of you. Many Blessings in the New Year.

Slowly getting in Gear. Cooking my Son's menu request (always the same)

Glazed Boar's Head Sweet Slice Ham
Hash Browns Casserole
Corn Bread
Lasagna

Merry Christmas to all of you. Many Blessings in the New Year.

I'll be there in a couple hours!!! Hash brown casserole sounds amazing.

Timing things for supper, not dinner . . . Southerners know what I mean. o_O

Smoked honey-glazed ham
World's Best Damn Scalloped Potatoes
Parmesan-garlic roasted asparagus

Should be ready in a few hours; grandniece is stopping by. Breakfast was Tacos From Hell: eggs, potatoes, cheese, bacon, ham, jalapenos, avocado. :D

~Boar