• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Yeah, I guess I forgot to mentions that part. I did it right before going into the oven...I added ground pepper & salt. If you look very closely, you'll see it on the chicken! :D

I'm kind of wondering what it would be like with herbed goat cheese or maybe some feta instead. But I used some of the fresh mozzarella I had left over in chicken and avocado quesadillas tonight, and man! That was some gooey goodness, right there.

~Boar

Baked catfish fillets w grounded pepper and salt. Also, baked beef kabob w vegetables as a backup. Actually, thinking bout learning how to grill (long overdue).

20160420_202958.jpg 20160420_202911.jpg

Found some really nice looking Chorizo and thinking about some sort of Chicken and Chorizo concoction.

We had chorizo poached in red wine in Spain last year that was really good. Spanish chorizo has a really different flavor than the Mexican variety(less spices and heat). At some point I'm going to have to try and recreate that dish.

Reactions: AVB
Spanish chorizo

Yes! This is Spanish. I was really happy to find it. The wine dish(es) is great and really simple.
Portuguese is good too. Ordered a few times, years ago, from Fall River, Mass.

Gut stuffed myself on conveyor belt sushi in Narita for lunch. May shoot for a 12-16 sleeping session tonight to catch up.

Pulled Pork Sandwiches. Fries, Onion Rings, Salad.
Do you use a vinegar based sauce like costal Carolina or a red sauce? I make a hot vinegar sauce that goes well with slaw, pulled pork and a kaiser roll.

Do you use a vinegar based sauce like costal Carolina or a red sauce? I make a hot vinegar sauce that goes well with slaw, pulled pork and a kaiser roll.
I used a red sauce. My son doesn't like the Vinegar sauce. I really like the hot Carolina type vinegar sauces. My old boss made a great one, but he wouldn't share the "secret recipe" with anybody. I'd say his was actually the best of that style that I've had.
The red sauce I used is from my favorite YouTube Chef "cookinginrussia"

eta: My bosses sauce was basically white, or sort of "clear"

Jeez, just make both.

I don't know how secret my sauce is but you can give it a go if you want.

1 cup white vinegar
1 cup cider vinegar
1 Tbs dark brown sugar (a variant is 1Tbs of molasses instead)
1 Tbs Cayenne pepper (ground is OK but slitting 2 fresh ones, soaking them in water for 2 days and then puree is better)
1 tsp kosher or sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbs Tabasco sauce (mostly for color but if you want it a hotter overall sauce you can use a Habanera based hot sauce instead)
I microwave mine until warm to dissolve the sugar and salt and then it can be used warm or put in the fridge for later

Put in a shaker bottle and store unused in the fridge. It will keep for at least 6 months and probably more.

Of course, my red sauce is my Bourbon BBQ sauce that I've posted before.

Stopped by the food trucks again and tried Cousin's Maine Lobster truck on a recommendation from friends. I'm ashamed to say that I believe this was my first lobster roll ever. It was quiet good but far overpriced for my tastes, especially considering it's small size.
x3ekw6.jpg

Also ate at the Kogi BBQ truck on Thursday evening. They started a food truck gathering every Thursday night less than a mile away from my house. I took my folks there and while they grabbed tacos I went from some Kogi short rib taco and their Kogi wet burrito. Soooooo good. Sorry, no pics of that. Next time.

Tonight we decided to have another Spanish feast. Pan con tomate with a egg/onion/potato tortilla, and wine poached chorizo and garlic.
Tried a local "authentic" Spanish chorizo alongside some fresh mild Mexican chorizo. Both were ok, but the Spanish chorizo didn't taste like what we had in Spain and that was a bit of a let down. However, garlic poached in red wine, mmmmmm.

If you haven't tried pan con tomate, and love garlic, you really should.
Take some french style bread, slice it diagonally in inch thick pieces and lightly oil(evo) both sides and place them on a baking sheet. Put the oven on broil(~525).
Peel 3-4 cloves of garlic and set aside. If the oven is ready, put the bread in.
Take about a 1/3 of a large tomato and run the meat side against a micro or small gauge grater. That'll produce a small bowl of mulched tomato without skin.
Once the bread starts to blacken/darken(not burn), pull it out.
Take a clove of garlic and rub it against the bread(use enough force to wear down the clove, the idea is that the garlic will get "sanded" into the bread) and then top it with a teaspoon or so of the tomato. Really really simple and, if you like garlic, damned tasty.

Sunday dinner was a NY top loin steak (pan seared first and then baked). Some unidentified fish from the freezer, also baked with salt and pepper only as the backup. A green salad w Italian dressing as the side.

20160422_203420.jpg 20160422_203439.jpg 20160422_204234.jpg

We had Tacos and Burritos last night. All the fixins.
Chocolate cake for dessert!

Crushed my famous grilled brussel sprouts and sausages. With leftover chocolate meringue pie.

Chinese delivery. Pork fried rice, egg rolls, wontons. Busy day.