• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Despite what will probably be an onslaught of springtime restaurant photos, I actually cook quite a bit...not as fancy as I did all the time before kiddo came along, but I do manage to make huge batches of stuff that freezes well. New batch of soup has linguica sausage from my local butcher, Rancho Gordo royal corona beans (if you like beans, RG is worth looking into), potatoes, sauteed kale and root veggies, homemade chicken stock and spices that include smoked paprika. Freezes like a champ, put about six quarts in the freezer to pull out for dinners during the week.

8495_10153518293158853_943205910445446392_n.jpg

Opening day at the ballpark, my daughter (15) and I kind of have a routine developed over the past few years, we park at the club(parking is included in dues as opposed to the lot charge which was 50 bucks today ouch) take the shuttle to the entrance at the ballpark, watch the game, go back to the club on the shuttle, have some chicken wings, smoke a cigar in grill while having wings, get in the car and come home after traffic has died down. Today she had ballpark nachos (awful) but the wings were really good as usual. They have huge wings with outstanding sauce, not overly spicy but will get your attention.

upload_2016-4-11_21-39-30.jpeg

upload_2016-4-11_21-40-7.jpeg

Opening day at the ballpark, my daughter (15) and I kind of have a routine developed over the past few years, we park at the club(parking is included in dues as opposed to the lot charge which was 50 bucks today ouch) take the shuttle to the entrance at the ballpark, watch the game, go back to the club on the shuttle, have some chicken wings, smoke a cigar in grill while having wings, get in the car and come home after traffic has died down. Today she had ballpark nachos (awful) but the wings were really good as usual. They have huge wings with outstanding sauce, not overly spicy but will get your attention.

View attachment 12441

View attachment 12442
Wings look really good. Nachos not so much lol. Sounds like you two had a great time. Love the routine.

Pork tamal, al pastor burrito, and champurrado to drink. Mmm, good.
258z6g1.jpg

So when you have sushi, what kind do you eat?

Basically varieties of nigiri, sashimi, maki, and uramaki. They don't get too fancy there. Place I get it is simpler, but super fresh. One place has a lot more variety, but doesn't seem quite as fresh. I like octopus a lot too.

Basically varieties of nigiri, sashimi, maki, and uramaki. They don't get too fancy there. Place I get it is simpler, but super fresh. One place has a lot more variety, but doesn't seem quite as fresh. I like octopus a lot too.
I like nigiri and sashimi, but mostly love the rolls :D Can't do the octopussy though :p

Ribeye Steak, Chicken Fingers, Loaded Baked Potatoes, Rolls. No veggies because we didn't want to waste room on rabbit food.