• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

At first I was like, pffffffft, damn Californians, then I was like, well, I like cloves, pepper, currants, and cinnamon...sooo....
Lol! I was 17 then and knew no different. I was like “What the hell!” when the guy handed me the shrimp and I opened the package. I thought everyone did Old Bay on shrimp and crabs.

I like all those things, but not on my shrimp......

Scored this guy at one of the markets I shop at. This wasn't a planned ingredient but I think this shaved on or in some eggs in the morning is a pretty darn good idea. I'll be making hash browns and Irish coffees to go with the eggs, bacon, tamales, and whatever else the rest of the family puts on the table.

That's awesome! I've seen them for sale at Christmas time in a local grocery store, but I've never been bold enough to buy one. I think I need to master risotto before I buy one.

Beef Wellington for Christmas dinner. It was really good and has great presentation points, but I'm not sure it was worth all the hype. Filet mignon is tender for sure; but for me, a good flat iron or ribeye is a much tastier cut of beef.

2017-12-25 21.57.34.jpg

This is what we had for Christmas eve. Too many items to take pictures of so I just made a video. In order of the video: Tamales, chickpea salad, 2 kinds of potatoe salads (one with beets and one without), mashed potatoes, cucumber salad, whole turkey, rice with black beans, roasted chickens, pernil (spanish style roasted pork shoulder), eggplant lasagna (no pasta and might not technically be a lasagna but it's the best way I could describe it), turkey lasagna, roasted potatoes, vegetable rice, stew oxtail (my favorite out of all the items), beef lasagna, rice with guandules, BBQ pork ribs. I must have gained like 10 pounds in a couple of hours.

This is what we had for Christmas eve. Too many items to take pictures of so I just made a video. In order of the video: Tamales, chickpea salad, 2 kinds of potatoe salads (one with beets and one without), mashed potatoes, cucumber salad, whole turkey, rice with black beans, roasted chickens, pernil (spanish style roasted pork shoulder), eggplant lasagna (no pasta and might not technically be a lasagna but it's the best way I could describe it), turkey lasagna, roasted potatoes, vegetable rice, stew oxtail (my favorite out of all the items), beef lasagna, rice with guandules, BBQ pork ribs. I must have gained like 10 pounds in a couple of hours.

My invite must have been lost in the mail.... :(

Dude, it's 9:20am in Colorado..........is this breakfast?
:p:D:):confused::cool::eek:

Dinner, last night.

Although, as a teen, I went through a phase where when I would travel with family on summer trips, I’d order stir fry for breakfast at Denny’s.

When my buddy who's also a foodie invites me over for dinner, I go. He was more or less just experimenting last night and used some of us as guinea pigs.

Top is Bluefin tuna toro tartar with avocado and capers on arugala. Bottom left is pasta in a pumpkin cream sauce topped with salmon roe. Bottom right is lamb shank on jalapeno grits.
f4ft5s.jpg

When my buddy who's also a foodie invites me over for dinner, I go. He was more or less just experimenting last night and used some of us as guinea pigs.

I can tell you from experience; it’s nice to have friends that don’t mind being guinea pigs. This one looks like it was a great meal.