• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

That looks great! I love smoked salmon. What's the red under the microgreens?
It’s a beetroot infused cream cheese spread. It was very nice. The gluten free breads here are amazing. Better than most any bread I have experienced with no heavy feeling afterward.

Olive Plate, several different breads (including gluten free), pate and chutney plate, Beef Bourguignon x2, two large bottles of Perrier, dark chocolate mousse with double cream, brioche bread and butter pudding with caramel pudding sauce/ice cream, cappuccino, and a latte. All for £68 including gratuity while dining on the Thames River looking at London Bridge. Much cheaper here than most people think. 😎

Spent 4 nights in Kauai. We had more food recommendations than meals to take advantage of. Here's some highlights:

Kalua pork omelette at a greasy spoon locals place for the first breakfast. The portuguese sausage I ordered on the side was probably the best I've had.

I was told (numerous times by a buddy) to go to a local supermarket there for the best poke ever. I expected to see 1 or 2 variations of poke to choose from. What I encountered at the deli counter blew my friggin' mind. I bought a tub of the poke with furikake and took it back to my girlfriend who was waiting in the car. When I asked her if she wanted some she said no. A few minutes later she asked for a taste. We ended up splitting it and came back the next day for more.

Buffalo loco moco at a gorgeous beach front restaurant on our last morning on the island. The place was recommended by my buddy. The places I had thought about going for breakfast were closed that day. On a whim I checked to see if this particular spot was open and was happy to see they were. The view of the surf from where we sat, maybe 30 paces away, made for a perfect breakfast. Ocean breeze rolled in through the open doors, sun shining, the loco moco and mai tai (voted best on the island, and I must agree. Best mai tai I've ever had) were solid and the whole meal and ambiance made use wish we weren't leaving later that day.

Spent 4 nights in Kauai. We had more food recommendations than meals to take advantage of. Here's some highlights:

Kalua pork omelette at a greasy spoon locals place for the first breakfast. The portuguese sausage I ordered on the side was probably the best I've had.

I was told (numerous times by a buddy) to go to a local supermarket there for the best poke ever. I expected to see 1 or 2 variations of poke to choose from. What I encountered at the deli counter blew my friggin' mind. I bought a tub of the poke with furikake and took it back to my girlfriend who was waiting in the car. When I asked her if she wanted some she said no. A few minutes later she asked for a taste. We ended up splitting it and came back the next day for more.

Buffalo loco moco at a gorgeous beach front restaurant on our last morning on the island. The place was recommended by my buddy. The places I had thought about going for breakfast were closed that day. On a whim I checked to see if this particular spot was open and was happy to see they were. The view of the surf from where we sat, maybe 30 paces away, made for a perfect breakfast. Ocean breeze rolled in through the open doors, sun shining, the loco moco and mai tai (voted best on the island, and I must agree. Best mai tai I've ever had) were solid and the whole meal and ambiance made use wish we weren't leaving later that day.

That all looks great Jeff!

Yeah that's all great, but wheres your backup fish? 😆

At Ramsays London House. The cod dish was excellent, but the Tuna Tartare was one of the best things I’ve ever eaten. Donella’s chicken curry used dark meat. She was disappointed when served being a white meat girl, until she had her first bite. Wasn’t dry like most chicken curry can be, but didn’t have the greasy texture she normally associates with dark meat chicken.
28154281552815628157y

Olive Plate, several different breads (including gluten free), pate and chutney plate, Beef Bourguignon x2, two large bottles of Perrier, dark chocolate mousse with double cream, brioche bread and butter pudding with caramel pudding sauce/ice cream, cappuccino, and a latte. All for £68 including gratuity while dining on the Thames River looking at London Bridge. Much cheaper here than most people think. 😎
View attachment 28136View attachment 28137View attachment 28138
How much weight did you gain on your trip?

A couple of weeks ago we made our annual trek to the AMC’s Ct Chapters Northwest Camp. This is probably our 5th or 6th year. How can you go wrong for $45 a night. Had a good 6+ mile hike at Bash Bish Falls and the South Taconic mountain range. Nothing to strenuous but enough to make us sleep well. We made chicken with green olives and prunes in a Dutch oven on a open fire, which was a first for me. The cabin is about 1/3 of a mile off a dirt road which is about 8 miles from the center of Salisbury Ct. So it’s almost car camping but not quite. Between gear, food, booze and the &$#*ing Dutch over I almost didn’t need the hike. As always we had a great time.

Attachments

• 31E52D5E-A060-4793-A5EF-14DF9B9D1DE7.jpeg
    31E52D5E-A060-4793-A5EF-14DF9B9D1DE7.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 97A22B24-2BF8-4D9F-AC4D-AA06BC56DF26.jpeg
    97A22B24-2BF8-4D9F-AC4D-AA06BC56DF26.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 39D568E4-34A6-41E0-8890-D2FDFB44BEF7.jpeg
    39D568E4-34A6-41E0-8890-D2FDFB44BEF7.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 10
  • A6657292-2313-40EC-93DF-FD2A8914AB12.jpeg
    A6657292-2313-40EC-93DF-FD2A8914AB12.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 225A3D88-6B38-48E3-AB81-546D85F110E4.jpeg
    225A3D88-6B38-48E3-AB81-546D85F110E4.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 571D0F76-9C4E-492C-B600-AA1106A72514.jpeg
    571D0F76-9C4E-492C-B600-AA1106A72514.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 10C0C1F2-8917-4147-8E83-8B2621B06866.jpeg
    10C0C1F2-8917-4147-8E83-8B2621B06866.jpeg
    356 KB · Views: 9
Smoked a few things this pas Sunday: Split chicken breasts, Tulsa torpedo (fatty), left over hot links and left over bacon. All turned out great.

20191110_181512.jpg

20191110_181517.jpg

Going to smoke a turkey this weekend and maybe a brisket. Getting lots of use, out of my new smoker.