• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's some good pipe tobacco?

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pulling my pipes out, and getting back into the hobby. What are some good tobacco's to smoke? During my last time smoking, I noticed pipes smell great, but don't have much flavor. Most likely due to the type of tobacco I was smoking. What do you recommend for nice aroma and taste? :)

Any VAPER. Smell horrible to the non-smoker. Taste great to the fellow smoking.

Doc

Hearth and Home Series blended by Russ Ouellette would be a nice start. I really like his Namaste'

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to place an order today for some new tobaccos. I had fun with pipes when I smoked them a few years ago, so time to get back into it. 

I love VaPers too, as Doc Mentioned. I contacted him a few years ago when I was getting back into the saddle, and he nailed it, for me, in terms of the progression of what pipe smokers like as they gain experience. I also love Virginias, but the percentage of winners is higher for me with VaPers. I still like to smoke something with Latakia in it, occasionally, but it is fairly rare.

I saw where you mentioned that you were going to order "Mississippi River". I like it quite a bit. I actually add some extra perique to it. It has some Latakia in it which is truly used like a condiment so, just enough to give it body and make it interesting. Let us know what you wind up with, and what you liked.

Contact Jim aka Keystone_Raider Rod. I'm sure he'd be honored to put a sampler together for you. He turned me on to some really good tobaccos at our last HERF in April.

jfields said:
Contact Jim aka Keystone_Raider Rod. I'm sure he'd be honored to put a sampler together for you. He turned me on to some really good tobaccos at our last HERF in April.

Will do!  

BigJake6904 said:
Anything branded Frog Morton is a good start.
I watched a review on YouTube and this brand got real good reviews.

I'd like to try it.

Shoot me a PM Rod and I'll get some samples out to you. I have plenty of different blends to choose from!

Yeah... Frog Morton OTT is my fav! That's the only English style I smoke....

I smoke mostly Virginia's now... Big fan of Christmas Cheer (07 if you can find it)

I also like vapers.... Escudo is very good, st. James woods is also a fav.

Wanted to get back in the rotation of enjoying my pipe as well, curious to see what Jim has to offer.

I've been enjoying Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation 1957 lately, tasty! But my favorite still has to be Dunhill Nightcap.

wkoti said:
I've been enjoying Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation 1957 lately, tasty! But my favorite still has to be Dunhill Nightcap.
U ever had Ashton's artisan's blend? I like it more than nightcap! Try it of you haven't yet.

nismo270r said:

Wanted to get back in the rotation of enjoying my pipe as well, curious to see what Jim has to offer.
Shoot me a PM and I can get some samples over to you as well bro.

I can get some samples out too if you're interested.  Just LMK.

I had a half bowl of Nightcap that a botl gifted me a couple years ago. It was good although I was chasing a three year old around the yard. Admit I didn't give it my full attention; the pipe not the kid.