• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's that special cigar

When my second daughter and final child joins us on the outside, it'll be a 1492.

Wilkey

Very nice! As we discussed, that's one cigar I've never had the pleasure of torching.

I have a Partgas 155 Salomones, gifted to me by a very generous fellow here, that was to be smoked on the birth of my second grandchild. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm not sure any occasion would be special enough to destroy this cigar. It's a terrible dilemma. By the way the bastid who put me in position screen name rhymes with the Norse god of mischief

Doc.

Bastid, Loki, Hmmmmm........wonder who it was?

In the near future I intend to make up a "special" occasion to smoke a Perdomo Edicion de Silvio.

Nice post Frank. I have been thinking about this one for a few days now. I don't have that special one as of now. I just smoked it.
I had one.... A Siglo II that I smoked a couple of weeks ago that came from a trip to Paris. The Cigar itself may not of been that unusual or, hard to find. The trip was a special occasion in itself. A trip with a lot of good memories, buying an excellent smoke to sit in your humidor to sit for a few years for that "day". I chose a couple of weeks ago because, my wife and I were having a good moment. She suggested an idea that ended up with me smoking inside the house for the first time while too cold outside. The cigar was not only good but, it reminded me of some very fond memories, enhancing the moment.

England.jpg

I have 2 GOFs that will be sleeping peacefully until:
  • My daughter's wedding day
  • The birth of my first grandchild

My first special occassion cigars are in the mail...my first cigar with my brother...Padron 1926 Maduro No. 6. Seems a special enough of an occassion. And yes...it's a special cigar for a newb and a poor college student.

I have a Padron 40th for when my first child is born. Not pregnant yet but it's waiting until then. I have an Opus X that I am aging for a special moment in the future, second wedding anni or third if i can hold off. As a noob they are all really special occasion cigars because every one I smoke is basically new to me.

For a short term special moment, I brought a Padron 40th Anniv. with me to celebrate gaining (hopefully) my CCNP certification. :)

I've got a Punch from 1958...The year I was born. I'm gonna smoke for my 50th birthday. A friend from here gifted me this smoke. The generosity of folks here is amazing.

Well I just knocked out most of my "special occasion" cigars on my honeymoon. I got rid of an '83 Davidoff, a Forbidden X, and a Morales custom. I also just fired up my Cameroon shark and my first GOF to celebrate with Razorback on his new job, but I have managed to hold on to the "My Forbidden X" Opus from 2003 that was gifted to me. It is a special cigar that I am am going to try to hold on to until the birth of my first child...probably in 4-5 years.

Brandon

I have a couple of very nice ones that I got surprised with in a trade with a very generous BOTL here - Tatuaje RC184 and RC233. Just waiting for that special occasion. Hell that could easily be the first day of summer for me. I have been waiting for it to warm up enough for me to spend that much time outside.