• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

whats the deal with PM DC#

mhn

I mailed a package last Friday using the online PM form and the tracking number today still has the message:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on November 14, 2003 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

WTF? shouldn;t it be updated by now. This ever happen to anyone else ?

All the time. It only updates in the evening, and not on the weekends at all, even though it's probably moving.
Since I'd bet all scanning in automatic, I don't know why the delay, but that's life in the US Gummint! :D

The only bummer about online DC is it's not scanned outgoing so you won't get any info until it's delivered :(

lucasbuck said:
The only bummer about online DC is it's not scanned outgoing...
Agreed. But that's why you're saving some change, they don't have to scan it into the system when you bring it.

Yep, a very small price to pay for the convenience and .45 cent savings of online usps :)

wait a minute...

I've seen status messages that say numerous things... I've seen:

1)package accepted on (date) at (time)...basically when it was mailed at the PO
2)package arrived in Centreville, VA (my home town) on (date) at (time)...this is usually the morning when it's going to be delivered
3)item delivered on (date) at (time)

i think it does a pretty decent job...just annoying that it doesnt update on the weekends :(

I almost never see (or perhaps notice) any changes in status until it is delivered. Its really for piece of mind. Detailed tracking sounds more like a FedEx or UPS kinda thing. Just my .02.

Yes, I too have noticed that it only posts an update when it's delivered.

It's not as comprehensive as UPS of FedEx tracking.

The only thing you really care about is when and if it's delivered.