• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's the worst fake you've ever seen?

Didn't this horse get beat to death a few months ago?

I had to flake for monetary reasons (which something I resolved very quickly with Blue Dragon), then was at Ft. Knox for four weeks w/ no computer access (another reason I flaked, because I didn't know if they'd get here in time before I had to leave). All the apologies have been wrote for that, I don't participate in any trades/buys/box splits/etc. on here anymore, and I've mostly lurked and read posts for the past several months.

Shoulda known better about how forgiving and likely to let sleeping dogs lie an internet community can be. :(

Forgiving usually starts with an apology and a request for forgiveness. I'm sure Cory accepted your apology to him - but I don't think you ever apologized to the rest of the community or asked for forgiveness for creating the poop-storm...

...oh that's right. I believe I remember you didn't think you owed ANYONE an apology, EXCEPT for Cory... :sign:

x2

Yup, a most entertaining re-read. However, it seems the split went just fine. The thread was the only part that derailed.

Yeah, Bruce - except that you had someone come on to this board out of the clear blue, brand spanking new - ask for a box split on some hard to find cigars - a bunch of members anxiously jump in, also wanting to engage in the box split thinking our new member is going to host it - new member never had the intention of hosting it, he just wanted some hard to find cigars and didn't have the money to pay for it so was hoping someone else would pick up the split - new member drops out leaving others here holding the bag - and Cory graciously comes to the rescue to save the day. Accusations fly back and forth as a result - causing a crap storm amongst the membership here - people are pissed at one another. And where is Newbie??? Back on CW saying, "I don't like those guys at CP - they're not good people! I knew I should never have gone to CP!"

....and the person who started the whole mess doesn't think he did anything wrong. :sign:

Sheesh... :rolleyes:

Ok, I just checked my post history, and I realized I never did make an official public one....

I'm sorry.

I didn't realize my backing out would cause such a ruckus at the time (one that we still be discussed six months after the fact :laugh: ), but I see why now. Honest misake; I'd been hanging around one board so long I forgot all about building and maintain a rep elsewhere and took it for granted. I feel like a jackass, looking back on it now.

Ok, I just checked my post history, and I realized I never did make an official public one....

I'm sorry.

I didn't realize my backing out would cause such a ruckus at the time (one that we still be discussed six months after the fact :laugh: ), but I see why now. Honest misake; I'd been hanging around one board so long I forgot all about building and maintain a rep elsewhere and took it for granted. I feel like a jackass, looking back on it now.

Thank you! :thumbs:

Yup, a most entertaining re-read. However, it seems the split went just fine. The thread was the only part that derailed.

Yeah, Bruce - except that you had someone come on to this board out of the clear blue, brand spanking new - ask for a box split on some hard to find cigars - a bunch of members anxiously jump in, also wanting to engage in the box split thinking our new member is going to host it - new member never had the intention of hosting it, he just wanted some hard to find cigars and didn't have the money to pay for it so was hoping someone else would pick up the split - new member drops out leaving others here holding the bag - and Cory graciously comes to the rescue to save the day. Accusations fly back and forth as a result - causing a crap storm amongst the membership here - people are pissed at one another. And where is Newbie??? Back on CW saying, "I don't like those guys at CP - they're not good people! I knew I should never have gone to CP!"

....and the person who started the whole mess doesn't think he did anything wrong. :sign:

Sheesh... :rolleyes:

Good summary, George. You (all) were RIGHT to challenge. However, my opinion is that once Cory said he was square with BP, it became an inquisition. Beat an apology out of him and its meaningless.

I'm ambivalent - except that it will be a while before I trade in confidence with BP. Your advice to me in that thread, however, I've taken to heart. Thank you.

Edit to add: I had unhappy daughter in the middle of this post, so it took a while. I just now found BP's post. Glad you got your apology and it didn't come across as coerced.

'02 MdO No. 2s... :angry:

'02 MdO No. 2s

Are either of you implying that the box split Cory ran involved fakes?

No shawk and we all know you know better than that. :rolleyes:

Of course I know better than that. I know you and GG were shining the light on BP and you were correct in doing so. The question I posed was not for my benefit, but for the benefit of other members who might have thought a finger was being pointed at Cory (BlueDragon). When you post that the worst fake you've ever seen is a '02 MdO No. 2 and then link to a thread where Cory ran a box split for those cigars, there could be some confusion. Granted, most members here will know better, but if there's a chance that even one gets the wrong impressions, then we've done Cory a disservice.