• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's wrong with this picture?

modo22

Was pulling out some Edge Square Maduros last night and notice a weird one. It looked like it had white paint splattered on it. It was not fuzzy like mold and there were no holes looking as if beetles were hatching. What is this? Just a defect with the cigar? Sorry for the poor pictures, I hate digital cameras....

4-27026.jpg

4-27028.jpg

Use the macro option on your camera, this way we can get the cigar in focus, instead of the background.

yea yea yea, I will try again. Just FYI; it looks nothing like this Past Post . It seems to be more inside the cigar rather than forming on the outside leaf. Like a bleach spot.

I have a feeling I know what you're talking about but I don't know what they are. I had to rummage through a box of edges (which I don't like to do. Seems tacky.) at a B&M to find one that not only didn't have those spots but also wasn't rolled like a solid block. I would like to know what they are too. To me, they kinda looked like "cigar pimples", if that makes any sense.

I have a feeling I know what you're talking about but I don't know what they are. I had to rummage through a box of edges (which I don't like to do. Seems tacky.) at a B&M to find one that not only didn't have those spots but also wasn't rolled like a solid block. I would like to know what they are too. To me, they kinda looked like "cigar pimples", if that makes any sense.

that makes total sense. that is what they look and feel like. Camera is dead lol, so no new pics till the battary is charged :angry:

I had this exact concern with half a box of Padron 5000's. They smoke and taste fine, but the sticks look like they have little pimples. I don't know what they are, but they are good sticks to me.