• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your cigar routine?

chiefmd

Bone Fixer
So I was wondering what everyone's cigar routine is.  Do you pack some cigars with you in the morning before you head out? Just have a cigar after dinner? Once a day? Every other day?  The other day I took a cigar with me knowing I was going to a nice place for dinner and figured a cigar on the way home would be good.  Anyone else have a certain daily routine?

My normal cigar time is in the middle of the day.  Some weeks I get to smoke every day, others maybe only one or two days will present the opportunity.  I enjoy sitting out on the balcony with a cigar while reading a book while being the only one home.  No one to bug me every five minutes, then!  

When we go on vacation, first thing I check on the internet about the hotel is if there is a smoking lounge or area.  If so, I load up and bring along some good ones.  If I'm not sure, I'll still bring one or two in a travel humidor, just in case.  

I smoke a pipe during the work day and cigars while home in the eve and weekends. Not enough time to smoke during day. A pipe is a lot more friendly to relights, etc.
If I do take cigars with me, I take at least 2 and preferably 3. Always take more than I think I'll need. Never know.

For me it depends a lot on what we're doing for the day. When I was working, I'd bring one for the thirty minute ride home, and finish that after dinner.

During the week I like to have a cigar or two, when I can, per day. One with my cup-o-joe, One at night out on the deck. 

On weekends we head to the pool and I'll pack one or two cigars to enjoy. If we're going out I might bring one, but you never know where and when you can light one in the great nanny state of NY anymore.

Cigar every night after the kids go to bed. Sometimes earlier on the weekends.

During work, I can light one up and put a coat of paint on a car then go back out for 10 while each coat dries. Pending on the work load, and the day of the week....that determines what smoke Ill grab. Quick smoke, long smoke...ex....

Well, right now I've got a 4 mo old and a 2 yr old. Usually I'll go out on the deck or patio once the 2 yr old is in bed. Don't feel like I can let him see me smoking as yet as he is very impressionable and copies every little thing he sees me do, whether he understands or not.

Same here, I don't allow the kids to see it. I even made my wineador and keep it at work, because my daughter was always asking what they were ex ex ex. And my 1 yr old son can not keep his hands off anything. HaHa

I usually have 2-3 a week.  If I know that I will have a longish drive home I will grab one and smoke it in my truck while driving.  Otherwise it's either in the backyard or at my local.

I try to wait for the kids (5 year old twin boys) to go down for the night, but that doesn't always work.  They love to play in the backyard while I smoke.

Edit - If we are going away for a weekend, I will pack up the travel humi for those just in case times that I can sneak away for a smoke.

I will always carry at least 5-6 while on the golf course, 2-3 for me and the rest to share with the group I regularly play with.

I pack up some cigars every morning, usually 12-15. I smoke about 6, but always have some on hand to share.

Normally I have 1-2 during work, and some days I'll meet up friends for one in the evenings. On my off days I carry a fiver travel case for options.

I smoke at least a cigar a day on the deck with my wife after the kids go down.  The really cool days are the ones when I get to play golf and smoke a couple more out on the course. 

thefatguy said:
I pack up some cigars every morning, usually 12-15. I smoke about 6, but always have some on hand to share.

Wow, I want your cigar budget!  I'd spend about a fifth on cigars and the rest on B.B.S...

Beer, Bourbon, and Scotch. :D  :thumbs:

Very rarely do I plan ahead, so it's a grab/go routine for me.  

Weekdays: Usually a cigar when I first get home from the office, and another after dinner before bed.  About once a month I visit a local lounge with some work buddies.  

Weekends: Get up, cigar with coffee.  Cigar with lunch.  Cigar after lunch.  Cigar before dinner.  Cigar after dinner.  Cigar before bed.  Maybe another cigar before bed.  Maybe one in the middle of the night.  Get the idea.....??.... :p

I bring one to work with me for Lunch, I try to go fishing during lunch break and grab a smoke. One after dinner with the wife. Weekend depends on the activity, typically one with morning coffee and one after dinner. Anytime I’m cutting the lawn there is a cigar involved, 3 acres give me plenty of time.

Usually between 4 to 9 cigars a week depending on what my busy schedule will allow. Like Vicster it's always a given I have one or two on my lawn tractor for the two hour ride.