• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your favorite candy?

Chocafreakinholic here! Peanut M&M's, Reeses, Snicers, Hersheys bar melted with a big dollop of peanut butter smack dab in the middle....wooooo bring it ON!! :laugh:

No wonder he tastes it in his cigars.

Doc.

I picked up one of these, and it is the greatest chocolate ever.

44706.jpg

Jelly Bellies, Butterfingers, Snickers, Watchamacalits, 1000 Grand...

I'm with Doc on this one though. I hardly eat candy anymore. The last time I had Milk Duds at the theatre they tore out a filling. It was fng depressing.

I've always had a sweet tooth. From the old school black licorice to present day candy. Russian candy is my preference any more. Gotta love places that import things in. I had a blast trying a ton of candy while in Russia and even before I went. Hell, I've sent out bombs with Russian candy bars. One of the reasons I enjoy it so much is the simple fact it doesn't taste like 20 lbs of sugar. If I was in New York City, I'd be at a few shops I order from. :thumbs:

Hot Tamales!
Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = Crazy Delicious.

Hot Tamales!
Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = Crazy Delicious.

I grew up in my grandmother's candy store. Many of my favorites no longer exist, like Butternut., Zag nut, and Sky Bar, I ate candy, chips and drank soda every day and all day. I was a very popular kid. I hardly ever eat candy anymore except for the occasional frozen Snickers.. I wonder why.

Doc.

I loved the Sky Bar definitely a childhood favorite. :thumbs:

As for todays candy I am a sucker for good old fashioned Dark Chocolate. I really tee'd that one up for you boys but, this is a family forum lets try to keep it clean here boys.

One of the reasons I enjoy it so much is the simple fact it doesn't taste like 20 lbs of sugar.

I don't know if my tastes have changed or if they make the candy different than they used too, but chocolate bars tastes waay sweeter now than when I was younger and the chocolate tastes cheaper. Most of the commercial chocolate bars just taste like sugar.

I love Reese's Pieces, PB cups, Turtles, Wonderbars.

One of the reasons I enjoy it so much is the simple fact it doesn't taste like 20 lbs of sugar.

I don't know if my tastes have changed or if they make the candy different than they used too, but chocolate bars tastes waay sweeter now than when I was younger and the chocolate tastes cheaper. Most of the commercial chocolate bars just taste like sugar.

That is probably true, and may be part of the pretty much global obesity problem.

Hershey chocolate bar and a jar of extra crunchy peanut butter.

Kinda like a Reese's PB Cup, except that I control the chocolate/PB ratio. :love:

Everything's made with High Frutcose Corn Syrup these days. It's a cheaper alternative to pure cane sugar, but does not taste near as good. Too sickly sweet if you ask me.

Not that either is good for you, but doctors and scientist are all warning about the effects of corn syrup on the general populations health.

I notice a huge difference in the taste of soda in England compared to here. The soda and candy over there does not have that too sweet taste going on. The candy is all different names so I did not think too much of it at first. When I had the same looking soda over there as here I wanted to find out why it was so much better (I hardly ever drink soda anymore, it's too nasty sweet if you ask me).

Here is what I found.......

Ingredients from back of US can of Sprite:

carbonated water
high fructose corn syrup
citric acid
natural flavors
sodium citrate
sodium benzoate

Ingredients from back of UK can of Sprite:

carbonated water
cane sugar
citric acid
acidity regulator (E331)
natural flavourings
preservative (E211)
Caffeine free.

Even though some of the names are different, it looks like the only difference is the sweetener.

The soda or pop as we call it up here also tastes different when you go to the Caribbean. Some people say that is part of the reason why rum and cokes taste better down there!

I notice a huge difference in the taste of soda in England compared to here. The soda and candy over there does not have that too sweet taste going on. The candy is all different names so I did not think too much of it at first. When I had the same looking soda over there as here I wanted to find out why it was so much better (I hardly ever drink soda anymore, it's too nasty sweet if you ask me).

Here is what I found.......

Ingredients from back of US can of Sprite:

carbonated water
high fructose corn syrup
citric acid
natural flavors
sodium citrate
sodium benzoate

Ingredients from back of UK can of Sprite:

carbonated water
cane sugar
citric acid
acidity regulator (E331)
natural flavourings
preservative (E211)
Caffeine free.

Even though some of the names are different, it looks like the only difference is the sweetener.

There is 4 Cane Sugar Sodas from the National Chain that I know of in the USA. Throwback Mountain Dew and Pepsi. If you are really lucky, Texas as the Dr Pepper made with Cane Sugar as well. Lastly I have seen those 8 oz glass bottles in a 6 pack of Coca Cola down in Texas. I really noticed how sweet things are in the USA after spending 2 months in Russia. From Bread to Candy, its all nasty ass high fructose corn syrup sweet.

I did try different sodas in Russia. I loved Coca Cola over there. In the States, I hate it. Unless its cane sugar. The Mountain Dew in Russia was weird and its kinda like the Throwback Mtn Dew with a little medicine taste to it. Thus when I decided to drink a soda in Russia, I went back to Coke.

I did see the Throwback Pepsi with "Cane Sugar" written on the front label earlier this year Loren. I bought one, and it gave me childhood dejavu. Wish I bought more when I had the chance.

I tend to drink sodas that are not from the 'big two' IF I am going to drink soda, which is rare. Stuff like Reed's Ginger Beer, various craft rootbeers etc. The other day I even saw some naturally sweetened soda from wine grapes (non-alcoholic). Pinot, Cab, Zif... pretty funny. Gotta love living in wine country

I did see the Throwback Pepsi with "Cane Sugar" written on the front label earlier this year Loren. I bought one, and it gave me childhood dejavu. Wish I bought more when I had the chance.

Where I am at, I can get it pretty much on a regular basis. i don't drink soda as much, but when I do I get a Throwback Mountain Dew. I know 3 places that have it pretty much 24/7. I wished they had the Dr Pepper Cane Sugar down here. I need to drive up outside the Dallas/Ft Worth area where its made at to get some.

The throwbacks are back. Check around John, you should be able to find all three. For my money it doesn't get much better than a Chunky. Real German gummy bears are awesome as well. I've become quite fond of the new pretzel M&M's.

Zagnut!?!?!?

cx_zagnut.jpg

I saw a picture of one of those in the Smithsonian once. I heard they were pretty good. :p

Seriously, one of real faves only seems to come around once a year, and my wife is glad about it too. I think they're called Robin's Eggs. They are candy coated, chocolate covered, malted balls (like Whoppers). We only see them around Easter each year.

The other thing that really gets me going is really dark chocolate but then usually only when paired with a hot cup of coffee or nice glass of port.

Hmm, I wonder if this would be a good substitue for the pre-Prohibition booze I've been thinking about acquiring. Gotta be cheaper.

Doc.