• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your favorite cruise line?

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I've gone on two Carnival cruises out of Long Beach, both of which were 5 day cruises.  We're looking to do a longer cruise to Hawaii in the future.  What are some good cruise lines to check out? I'm most interested in good food and spaciousness in the room. 

Never been on a cruise myself but NCL does have a cruise that goes around Hawaii with their US flagged ship.  My mom used to work on one of them and she liked it.  Let us know if you get out this way, the welcome mat is always here.

Never get on a ship that isn't painted haze grey.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
Never get on a ship that isn't painted haze grey.
I can't speak to the food, but I'm confident that wouldn't meet his spaciousness requirement.

I have only been on Royal Caribbean cruises and they were all good.  That said, what I have heard about Celebrity is far better than what I have experienced on Royal Caribbean.  Have fun!

Disney Cruise was pretty sweet, we all loved it.  Royal Caribbean would be the other one that I'd suggest.

We've used Carnival and Royal Caribbean multiple times in the past. Royal Caribbean gets my hands-down vote for future travel. We already have another RC trip scheduled for this next December.

My wife takes the family on cruises and normally I decline to go, the only one I have been on was Carnival and it was ok for the money.  That being said I would go on a Disney cruise as I have heard good things about them from reliable friends.  Normally if I am cruising it is on a sail boat that I have chartered, but CA to HI is way too far for me to sail.

Carnival was just ok....we did a 5 day cruise down to Mexico (Cabo).

Celebrity cruise out to Alaska and the glaciers was awesome, food was way better and the room was nicer.  It's full of old people so you know that the food has to be better.

Have been on three, all Royal Caribbean (Liberty of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas) and all were great. RC owns Celebrity which is a bit more mature an upscale. Each line has its own feel.

I'd suggest checking out reviews and the forums on www.cruisecritic.com. Just remember to take peoples' opinions a bit lightly.

The one that doesn't lose power, run a ground, infected with norovirus, or gets attacked by pirate's.

I've only been on one cruise and it was with Royal Carrib.  Great ship, crew and amenities!  The food was terrific!  Definitely a company to consider.

Floyd T.

Backslide said:
The one that doesn't lose power, run a ground, infected with norovirus, or gets attacked by pirate's.
You mean the grey ones?

Doc

IF you are traveling with kids, Disney is unparalleled (of course).  Our very first cruise (of 4) was on Disney with just my wife and I.  We absolutely loved it.  We then did RC Mariner of the Sea and thought it was just so/so.  Two more on Disney with the kids over the years (all three Disney on the Magic), and would go again in a heartbeat.  Disney cruises down and back from Vancouver (methinks it is) to Honolulu once a year or so.  

Viking River Cruises. Been on 3 of them and each one was better than the one before. Great way to see Europe when you're old as dirt like me and want a more relaxing way to travel.

Doc Wylie said:
Viking River Cruises. Been on 3 of them and each one was better than the one before. Great way to see Europe when you're old as dirt like me and want a more relaxing way to travel.

I'd see those big, long boats when we were on our travels throughout Europe and want to check them out.  I talked to someone who was on a Danube cruise when we were in Budapest a few years ago, and they, like you, had been on multiple cruises with VRC.  It's definitely a possibility for us when we get back across The Pond.

kann said:

I'd see those big, long boats when we were on our travels throughout Europe and want to check them out.  I talked to someone who was on a Danube cruise when we were in Budapest a few years ago, and they, like you, had been on multiple cruises with VRC.  It's definitely a possibility for us when we get back across The Pond.

We did the Rhine one year, then the next did the Danube. It was a little sooner than we had planned, but at the time they offered free RT overseas airfare so we couldn't pass it up. Then, two years later went back and did the Seine in France. Started and ended in Paris and included a trip to Normandy and Omaha Beach. Viking really knows how to take care of you!

I've done two with the wife on Norwegian, and quite enjoyed it. We were drawn to the freestyle dining aspect of it, as I hate people and don't want to be forced into contact with them for food or corralled into a schedule.