• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your favorite German Beer?

Rod said:
Do you remember that German Beer called "Berger Myster"? What ever happened to it? Can you still buy it?
[snapback]6946[/snapback]​

Bergy beer? Wasn't that the German equivalent to PBR?

I have a hard time getting good beer here on my side of Indy, but the last german brew I had was Bitberger. I can't say that it was anything more than a good everyday beer.

Becks, probably.

I don't drink a lot of German beer, but Becks is quite often the best beer available.

Have you ever walked into a place and the converstation goes like this.

Pretty, young bargirl: What'll you have?
You: Beer for me. What do you have?
PYB: Oh, we have everything.

With a little experience you know that by everything she means Bud, Bud Light, Miller, Miller Light, Amstel, Amstel Light, Heineken, maybe a Shiner Bock if you're in my part of the world.

This is the time to ask for a Becks because there's at least a fighting chance that she will actually recognize "Becks" as the name of a beer, unlike say, "Chimay".

Kulmbacher Mönchshof Schwarzbier

Comes in a flip top 16 oz. bottle.

Only 4.9% ABV but has a buttery malty flavor that is perfect for cool fall days or sitting by the fire after a snowball fight.

Can't believe it's taken me this long to find the beer forum...

Anyway, I have to second the vote for hefeweizen. I like almost all that I've tried, but of the ones available in the US Franziskaner is my favorite.

Is there such a thing as a bad German beer?

Some great ones mentioned already and I'll have to agree with either the Spaten Optimator or the Warstiener depending on your mood.

I live in Germany lol too many favorites to name but I'll have to go with Kneitinger Dunkel-Export out of Regensburg.