• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats your ride?

Daily Driver - 2002 Chevy Avalanche

Toy #1 - 1967 Mustang GTA convertible

Toy #2 - 1994 Mustang GT convertible

2006 G35X. Love that rear wheel drive and the awd when it snows here.

I've got a lead foot and this baby is plenty fast for me.

......but once I felt the way that 335 felt... in a few weeks we will see.
Interesting comment. When we were car shopping, my wife was rather ambivalent about getting a BMW.....until she drove one. Took about ten minutes in the driver seat and we ordered hers that day.

I believe the 3-series xI's come with basically the same transmission and differential system her X3 has. It's been great and performs very well. We sure like our BeeEmm...... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.

1982 Jeep Wagoneer.

Paid $50 for it at an auction last summer.

My truck is an 03 FORD F-150 FX4 4x4.When I'm not driving that, I'm on an 02 Harley Fatboy.

2001 Honda Civic Ex 106,000 miles and still going strong. I love Honda! :love:

I have a company issued vehicle: 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid. The family car is a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica.

So did you decide on the 335 instead of the G35? Both are excellent, but make sure you get the sport G or the Xi 3 series. Enjoy the new car, they are both fantastic drives. Only issue you should be aware of is if you live in the north, the G35 is horrible in the snow. I spinout/fishtail on a semi-daily basis. The Xi is better than a truck for the snow.

I should have clarified that it was a day of comparison between the G35xS (x all wheel drive with sport package) and the 335xi coupe with all wheel drive, premium and sport packages. Both are stellar cars. The G35 is quite a bang for the buck but once I felt the way that 335 felt... in a few weeks we will see.

I'm not a BMW guy by any means, but I would say go for the 335. The Infinity might be fewer $/HP, but the overall quality of the Beamer, especially when it comes to the interior, would certainly be the deciding factor for me. Since you want a coupe, have you considered the CLK and S5?

I HAD a '06 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition, however when the baby was born the wife said, "What if something happend to my car (02 Camry), the baby could never ride in that!" So, after having received the "look" so many times, I go and <sniff> trade for a...05 Chevy Malibu four freakin door sedan (that has turned out to be a lemon). Yes, the dreaded family car. So, can anyone guess how many times the baby has been in my car? Hmmm??? That's right, not ONE TIME! <sigh> I miss my Jeep.

So my ride? A POS. Thank you.

I had a '98 Dodge Ram 3/4 ton 4X4.....V10, 5 spd. The transmission completely let loose out on the turnpike, leaving me stranded. I had it towed to a nearby Chrysler dealership. Long story short, rather than pay the $4,000 for a new trans, I traded it in. After a brief look at the limited selection on their used lot, I took one of these:

eclipse.jpg

2006 Mitsu Eclipse. It's just a 4 banger auto, but it's a blast to drive. I'd rather have a 5 speed, but the thing gets down the road way better than one would expect. After driving Dodge 4X4's for 9 years, it's a helluva change, but I'm enjoying the car way more than I thought I would. Of course, it's already been hailed on twice. :rolleyes:

I HAD a '06 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition, however when the baby was born the wife said, "What if something happend to my car (02 Camry), the baby could never ride in that!" So, after having received the "look" so many times, I go and <sniff> trade for a...05 Chevy Malibu four freakin door sedan (that has turned out to be a lemon). Yes, the dreaded family car. So, can anyone guess how many times the baby has been in my car? Hmmm??? That's right, not ONE TIME! <sigh> I miss my Jeep.

So my ride? A POS. Thank you.

You poor bastard! What's the matter with a Jeep for a family car? Nice and big and secure :).

You should have countered the look with the male equivalent, the ignore.

I drive a '07 Infiniti G35, and I love it. Fit and finish of the interior, IMO, was much "classier" than the Beemer. The G felt faster to me too. You can't beat the Beemer for handling though... The way it feels to drive it... Fantastic...

My wife drives a '06 VW Toureg, V8 TOL. Great SUV, crappy gas mileage (I think we get 12mi/gal). I will never buy another VW though, because their service sucks. For a $55K+ vehicle, you expect a higher level of service, and you just don't get it from VW.

Regards,

BT

Me:
1995 911 Porsche Carrera (993) - LAST of the air cooled!
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege Black Mica - One of the best handling FWD out there.

GF:
1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham - What a beast. Thinking of putting a small block in it.
2001 Honda Civic LX - Gas Saver

Being Restored:
1968 Camero RS - It was her mother's first car. It is being restored and should be completed in a month or two.

Wow, there are some very nice cars out there.

I drive a beater...
A 1995 Nissan pickup with 275K miles and a damaged front fender. :laugh:
I paid cash for it 8 years ago and when it dies I will buy another old pickup truck.

For me money will be tight for a while.
My oldest son start college in the fall and my youngest son will be a senior in HS next year.
The pucker factor is increasing everyday...