• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your worst cigar related injury?

Sorry to hear & see the injury. Glad to hear you are well.
BTW - if the ED wasn't busy, what exactly did you get for $50 URGENT care?

I read a very informative post here once about various glues and the suggested uses. Too bad you don't know the guy who wrote that, you could have figured out which glue could have saved you the trip to the hospital ;)

Jeff - It may have been me or one of the aerospace guys. I've used superglue all the time, from a sliced hand to a partially pulled off ear during a rugby match. Hurts like a son of a gun at first, but if it goes on clean, it's better than stiches.

PS- come on Doc you know you want to!

Sorry to hear it, though it looks like you are holding up well.

Was at a B&M once and there was this fella there who was just typically shooting the shit and he then decides to (presumably absent-mindedly) twirl/spin his Xikar around his index finger as if it were a keychain. The results were not pretty.

In a distracted moment on a golf course, I managed to put the wrong end of a burning cigar in my mouth.

Hey thanks guys for all the thoughts and well wishes. I have learned today just how much I do use my thumb..a lot.

We went to St Lukes Hospital near the plaza area in Kansas City. They have an "Urgent Care" facility where you get seen quicker, it's a flat fee and the paperwork is less. With my injury, I qualified. They bandaged my thumb in the ER after a quick assessment and then discharged me to the UC facility just down the hall for a tetanus shot. My wife was happy that I had been medically examined and I was happy not to be bleeding on the floor. We got "lost" on the way and ended up back in the plaza looking for a place to sit and have a beer. I was in and out in less than 40 mins.

The cutter was a cheapie single-blade job. I don't carry my good cutter on trips because I don't want it to get lost or stolen.

Sorry to hear & see the injury. Glad to hear you are well.
BTW - if the ED wasn't busy, what exactly did you get for $50 URGENT care?

I read a very informative post here once about various glues and the suggested uses. Too bad you don't know the guy who wrote that, you could have figured out which glue could have saved you the trip to the hospital ;)

Jeff - It may have been me or one of the aerospace guys. I've used superglue all the time, from a sliced hand to a partially pulled off ear during a rugby match. Hurts like a son of a gun at first, but if it goes on clean, it's better than stiches.

PS- come on Doc you know you want to!

It was actually this post ;)

GLUE

Man that glue guy is long-winded. Geez...who cares that much about glue! :laugh:

BTW - I did "get it" on the original post. I thought it was funny...

A co-worker of mine visited the Outlaw today looking for a gag-cutter with training wheels or some such "safety" device. No luck, but they are having fun giving me the business. Hey at least I didn't stick a torch lighter in my ear. ha, ha, ha

Just be glad you don't belong to a nudist camp, could have been a much worse accident!

Hope you heal real soon.....