• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

When do you guys reach for your good cigars?

I guess I would fall into the "good day/bad day = good cigar" crowd. Anytime I can sit down to smoke just means my day is getting better. But I also never know until I get to a humidor which one I am going to try.

Special occasions, and when I'm "in the mood."

More often than not I tend to smoke pretty decent cigars, I won't go any lower than, say, a Padron regular line, and I smoke alot of Annis, VSGs, and Davidoffs.

Now my tip-top shelf best cigars (Forbidden X, Davidoff Cuelebra and Double <R>, Between the Lines, my limited stock of ISOMs), those I barely ever touch, they look too pretty sitting in the Humi and I can't bear to smoke them most of the time.

Every cigar I smoke is a good cigar. :thumbs:

I tend to smoke my ultra premiums often because I
may die at any time and some mother f...er is going to
smoke them. :laugh:

J/K - I do not differentiate between my cigars or need
a special occasion to smoke them - any time, this time,
now, is a good time.

Brian

Couldn't agree more. Special occasion is everytime I smoke, which is everyday and life is too short to save things for special occasions.

Life is too short to smoke cheap cigars. I used to have a crappy car and had my traffic smokes. Usually not my best, but pretty darn good smokes. I just feel better, even when in the worst traffic when I have a good stick in hand. Now that I got a new car I am trying to keep it smelling fresh and will not be smoking in it, for a while at least.
Lately I only stock good sticks. I save the best ones for the special occasions.
I have a couple crappy ones I just cant figure out when to smoke. I have a Santa Claus cigar I got 6 years ago. I keep thinking I will smoke it one Christmas, but never seem to remember. So this crappy cigar is turning into a special occasion smoke.

I am also on the not smoking (unfortunatley) everyday band wagon but it is never less than a CAO, but usally a Padron Anniversary. The Opus X I rarely smoke alone usally I will pass a few out, IMHO they are a smoke that enjoys good company...

About a year ago I decided that for the frequency that I smoke (or infrequency really) that I should only smoke really good cigars. With two very young kids and really cold winters and a damn smoking ban, my opportunities are getting less and less, so why waste it on an average or bland cigar?

The question then is how often do I feel like lighting up a super premium, unreleased or out of production cigar? Whenever I get the chance!!!!

I smoke them when I can.

When I can sit and enjoy them and not waste them.

Even though I work in a cigar shop, I rarely smoke at work. I fall into the Mental Health / Celebration Catagory. So unless I'm trying something new it's going to be a good stick.