• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

When do you guys reach for your good cigars?

... However there is a difference between an Opus X and a Padrón 2000

wouldn't you agree?

Certainly. The cost.

I don't smoke that often...1-2 a week unless it's a herf of some sort where I can enjoy more.

I have very few of what most folks consider to be "premium" cigars. Frankly, in general I don't find "premium" cigars to be any more enjoyable than an everyday, run-of-the-mill, non-premium cigar, and therefore not worth the asking prices.

I enjoy ALL of my cigars equally. But that's just my humble opinion.

However, if you find that extra special something that makes that "premium" worth it to you, then enjoy it with gusto!

I know what I like and don't usually stray from what I'm used to. So, the cigars I do have on hand are all "good" to me. Now, special occasions will generally get me wanting a cigar that I've been keeping for such occasions.

probably 90% of my cigars are all top shelf... I too only smoke 1-2 a week, so it doesn't hurt the pocketbook to only buy the premiums.

The question for me would be when do I NOT grab a premium, and try a new stick? That answer would be anytime I'm feel adventerous, and having a good day. Bad days need cheering up, and that means a good, or great, smoke!

:cool:

I'm not big on smoking my best when I'm down. Hard to enjoy a great cigar when you feel like sh!t. I love to celebrate with with top shelf sticks or sometimes if I haven't had a cigar for a while I'll reach for the good stuff.

I rarely go to my humidors knowing what I want to smoke. I look around for a bit and find something that looks good and tastes good mentally at that moment. Sometimes its a 1 dollar Quintero and others it is an EL from 01, I just don't know, that's why this hobby is so fun :)

I with the mental health cigar crowd. Sometimes after a tough day a great cigar really helps me unwind. As an added bonus, if a day is going crappy I can always think about whats in the humi and cruise through the rest of the day.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars...ever

CYG

I choose all of the above! I reach for my better cigars when I am having a bad day and need to unwind or I am having a great day and want to celebrate. Its all those average-ish days in between that keep me from total bankruptcy =P

Depends on my mood. When having a bad day i'll usually get a cheapie, like a Famous Nic 3000 or an AF sungrown, and then I not only have a good cigar, but knowing that I didn't pay much helps cheer me up too. I try to save the higher end stuff for herfs, because those are a really good time and a premium stick caps it off perfect.

It all depends on what I am doing, I mostly smoke on the weekends, due to the fact most of the week I spend in hotel rooms, and smoking a cigar in one of those is nasty. SO I always start fri or sat night with a premo..then work my way down.

I rarely go to my humidors knowing what I want to smoke. I look around for a bit and find something that looks good and tastes good mentally at that moment. Sometimes its a 1 dollar Quintero and others it is an EL from 01, I just don't know, that's why this hobby is so fun :)

Same for me... I know what I want to smoke when I open the humi and pull it out. Until that moment, it's usually a surprise! :)

You know, I rarely smoke yard-gars unless I am actually doing yard-type work, or something else that would mean my hands are busy and the cigar is going to spend a lot of time getting chewed on, etc.
Often, this is a walk-the-dog gar. Not bad cigars, just less expensive. Quinteros and X000 padrons are my usual.
Sometimes though, I just want to smoke a good one, even though it might not be the perfect time. Tonight, for example, I wanted a good cigar, but the dogs were going nuts and needed a long walk. Opus #4, an hour and a half walk with the dogs = a really nice walk.

You know, I rarely smoke yard-gars unless I am actually doing yard-type work, or something else that would mean my hands are busy and the cigar is going to spend a lot of time getting chewed on, etc.
Often, this is a walk-the-dog gar. Not bad cigars, just less expensive. Quinteros and X000 padrons are my usual.
Sometimes though, I just want to smoke a good one, even though it might not be the perfect time. Tonight, for example, I wanted a good cigar, but the dogs were going nuts and needed a long walk. Opus #4, an hour and a half walk with the dogs = a really nice walk.

I just sneak in the back door to Gary's house and raid his humi. I know where he leaves the key. :laugh:

It all depends on what I am doing, I mostly smoke on the weekends, due to the fact most of the week I spend in hotel rooms, and smoking a cigar in one of those is nasty. SO I always start fri or sat night with a premo..then work my way down.

Damn, I always smoke in my hotel rooms. If they don't have any smoking rooms available I always ask for one with a balcony.

California doesn't have smoking rooms anymore :angry:

Any good cigar, i.e., oliva O classic, LFD 2000, Excalibur Dark Knight helps me relax or for those mental health days. The Opus X are for times when I don't have to think about anything but the cigar. Of course, any Sunday afternoon is good for an Opus also.

As I usually smoke 5 or less cigars a week, I find that it is mixed. I never know what I want until I open the humi's. I would say that I smoke about 2 or 3 premiums a week and they are usually on the weekend when I can relax, and take my time and enjoy them more.

Although what's premium to me may not be premium to others, I do have some cigars I KNOW I will enjoy. Then there are others that I mostly haven't tried or think are just OKAY. Just depends how I'm feeling. If I have the TIME and the DESIRE, I'll light up a personal favorite. If not, I'll go with one of my cheaper sticks.

I'm a newbie so I am usually smoking something NEW. But again, if I REALLY want something (and I think I will this weekend once my damn stuffy nose goes away!), I'll reach for my Gurkha or AF.

I smoke a great cigar when I've had a great day and want to celebrate.

I smoke a great cigar when I've had a s#itty day and want to relax, with a known friend.

I'll "branch out" and try new things, most often when I'm in a good mood and am willing to experement and give something an objective taste test.

...I guess my patience for less than "great" cigars is getting thin, all things considered.... :p

Cheers - B.B.S.

I just sneak in the back door to Gary's house and raid his humi. I know where he leaves the key. :laugh:

Damn, I had Gary's key...
I should have put it to better use!
:laugh:

-Rob

Last time I was over there in the middle of the day, the damn chipmunk was trying to stuff the house key in his mouth. :angry: Good thing I caught the little bastid. :p

Don't tell Gary but the office for my new job is about a minute from his house. :laugh: